Wednesday, August 11, 2021

"Message Received"

"And many more believed of his own word; and said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this indeed is the Christ, the Saviour of the world." (John 4:41-42 KJV)

  ""Let all the world look to me for salvation! For I am God; there is no other. I have sworn by my own name; I have spoken the truth, and I will never go back on my word: Every knee will bend to me, and every tongue will confess allegiance to me."" (Isaiah 45:22-23 NLT) 

 This is a pretty good example of something that I see happening now and again in our churches; it's what we might call, an unexpected awakening, which is many times brought on by a special message, or from a visiting pastor or preacher. Call it being blind-sided, if that is even a thing, or call it being caught off guard; but whatever you might call it, it mostly works for some people. 

 When Jesus shared about, The Parable of the Sower, it was important enough of a message for Him to explain, not only what it meant, but how it works, and why it happens. I have witnessed this myself, in what I would call a real-life manifestation of the birds that come and devoured up the seeds. If you are a little familiar with that parable, then you know what the birds represent. It acts almost like a dark cloud, especially when a large group come forward and rededicate their lives to the Lord. 

 Not to go into much detail, as it might offend someone that might read this; but if you have made a choice to change your life, there is always a part of you that will look for another door, another direction, or some other reason that you can back out of your commitment. The greatest tool that the devil has for any of these choices to be made, is to twist the Scriptures and contradict the message that was received. 

 In all seriousness, that is the easiest way that I can explain what I witnessed with my own eyes. Those that had received the message, and had made such a dramatic and tear filled rededication to follow Jesus, only needed one simple little lie to undo everything that happen; one little deceitful bird to come and remove the truth they heard, which caused the change, and the change was undone! 

 The greatest thing that we can ever do, what we must do, with all of our hearts, is to guard the message that we receive with all of hearts! Is that even possible? I truly believe that it is, if you have made it past the birds! Those were the seeds that fell by the wayside! Now it is a matter of what matters most and why you hold tightly to the message.

 Am I trying to say that the rest is up to you? If you have received the message and you believe it with all of your heart, then yes: We must guard our hearts...   

"For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works. These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority, Let no man despise thee." (Titus 3:11-15 KJV) 

No comments:

Post a Comment