Friday, August 27, 2021

"The Authority"

"The Jews therefore said unto him that was cured, It is the sabbath day: it is not lawful for thee to carry thy bed. He answered them, He that made me whole, the same said unto me, Take up thy bed, and walk." (John 5:10-11 KJV) 

  "Seeing their faith, Jesus said to the paralyzed man, "My child, your sins are forgiven." But some of the teachers of religious law who were sitting there thought to themselves, "What is he saying? This is blasphemy! Only God can forgive sins!" Jesus knew immediately what they were thinking, so he asked them, "Why do you question this in your hearts? Is it easier to say to the paralyzed man 'Your sins are forgiven,' or 'Stand up, pick up your mat, and walk'? So I will prove to you that the Son of Man has the authority on earth to forgive sins." Then Jesus turned to the paralyzed man and said, "Stand up, pick up your mat, and go home!" And the man jumped up, grabbed his mat, and walked out through the stunned onlookers. They were all amazed and praised God, exclaiming, "We've never seen anything like this before!"" (Mark 2:5-12 NLT)

 I may have had some more to say regarding yesterday's topic; but it would have been much of the same and would have driven a wedge further into a scar that does not need to be opened. The most important issue that must be clarified, is that of the need to be cured! You must know in your heart that you need to be saved! It is the reason that you are opening your heart to Jesus Christ, Period! 

 Moving on, this poor guy is just dong what he was told! Most likely, he was feeling pretty good about what he was doing, not thinking about Sabbath Day laws, the thoughts of those around him, or even what those Jews were getting upset about. To him, this seemed about as natural and as proper to do, as it was to be able to stand up! 

 Maybe that needs a little more clarification, because without a doubt, there was nothing natural going on this man's life in this moment; the only thing natural about his story, was his amazement that he was cured. What was absolutely a miracle and totally changed his life, only that was what mattered; no law, or thoughts of doing wrong; no concern for what people thought of him walking around with his bed tucked under his arm! 

 That reminds me of something that was real and amazing in my life, which I really didn't think too much about, as it seemed totally natural: I put my little pocket Testament in a safe place, and I received a real full size Bible; and it went with me everywhere I went! Where I would go, it would go! When someone would ask me about it, I would open it up and read it to them! It was natural and proper...

""After this time had passed, I Nebuchadnezzar, looked up to heaven. My sanity returned, and I praised and worshipped the Most High and honored the one who lives forever. His rule is everlasting, and his kingdom  is eternal. All the people of the earth are nothing compared to him. He does as he pleases among the angels of heaven and among the people of the earth. No one can stop him or say to him, 'What do you mean by doing theses things?'" (Daniel 4:34-35 NLT)  

No comments:

Post a Comment