Saturday, August 28, 2021

"All About Jesus"

 "Then they asked him, What man is that which said unto thee, Take up thy bed, and walk? And he that was healed wist not who it was: for Jesus had conveyed himself away, a multitude being in that place." (John 5:12-13 KJV)

  "Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: of whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, and be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: that I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; if by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead." (Philippians 3:8-11 KJV)

 Now about that mat! A good lesson to learn, if that is even possible, is not to draw attention to yourself. It is not about you and I, it is all about Jesus! Obviously, this guy who was cured, while he carried his mat around, he was drawing attention to himself. He was just doing what he was told, so it was pretty hard to avoid being noticed. 

 You have got to wonder about the motivation of some that might do some things just to get attention, like walking around with a Bible tucked under their arms, or walking around dragging a cross everywhere, or a host of other things that make people look upon them, if for no other reason, but to try and figure them out. Did that ever dawned on me? Had I wondered if I prayed for my food, if anyone might notice? Is there anything that I do, that I don't think about what people might think? 

 I can't help but think of Malachi 3:16, where it speaks about, "a book of remembrance," and how all that we do is recorded by God, especially those things we do that involve drawing attention to Him! Whatever you do, make sure that you are doing it for Him, whether it is practical, natural, awkward, silly, confusing, or just plain stupid, make sure it is Him that you are showing yourself to! 

 To be perfectly honest, I do more things that are silly or confusing, saying, 'Lord, did you get that? because I sure didn't!', knowing that God has a sense of humor. Even the other side, I have to catch myself after I do something great, and say, 'Wasn't that pretty spectacular, Lord?', reminding myself not to try and think too highly of myself. 

 Whatever you do, never say, 'I got this,' because that is when you really get to see God's sense of humor, at your expense! Did anyone notice how the Jews ignored the cure? They were just focused upon that stupid mat...

"Wherefore, seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds. Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin." (Hebrews 12:1-4 KJV) 

No comments:

Post a Comment