Thursday, December 31, 2020

"Young Woman"

 "I am my lover's, and he claims me as his own. Come, my love, let us go out to the fields and spend the night among the wildflowers. Let us get up early and go to the vineyards to see if the grapevines have budded, if the blossoms have opened, and if the pomegranates have bloomed. There I will give you my love. There the mandrakes give off their fragrance, and the finest fruits are at our door, new delights as well as old, which I have saved for you, my lover." (S.O.S 7:10-13 NLT)

  "To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which has been planted; a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; a time to weep, and a time to laugh, a time to mourn, and a time to dance; a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; a time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to case away; a time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; a time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace." (Ecclesiastes 3:1-8)

  For anyone that might not know, there is a difference between seasons and times; one is usually fixed and structured, based upon circular events or growth; will the other is in the moment and is based upon what might be called for or needed, sometimes with or without knowing the reason. And yes, I am quite aware of what day it is! To many, this is the time of the year when you set out to start something over, or new, or better; a time to grow! 

  If there is anything I am hoping to get better at, it is to be back in a routine of praying at 4am every single day! Lately, my time has been restructured and out of sync; my 4:00 alarm is still set, but it is more to wake me up than it is to start praying. Actually, with my morning habits, I make the bed, make the coffee, and the give Marianne her early morning medication; by then, prayer time usually starts at 4:30 and is wrapped up usually by 5:30; but some days, it is more like 5:15. 

  Another thing that needs to happen, is to make appointed times to read my Bible! If you do not make a time to read, then you will not be very good at keeping a time available to read. I have been pretty good at getting this blog posted by 7am, so I figure that 7am is a good time to spend 20 minutes reading in my Bible. If I make it a habit, there can be another 20 minutes added to the time right before I go to sleep, whatever time that might be, is usually between 9 and 10, depending upon how Marianne is feeling. Now I just need to work out the details for the middle of the day; 20 minutes at lunch: Word and bread, wherever and however possible! 

  As many of you might know, I consider myself to be conservative and in favor of free enterprise and the right to own a business or property. It is one of the things that I love about living in these United States of America. Some people, although they might seem as if they have good intentions, are not really all that interesting in those same ideas; even though it is the basic standard by which this country was established, almost 250 years ago. Does it really matter? Yes and No! It matters because of what is right; it doesn't matter, because it will all be left! 

  If there was anything that is about this time, it is the season! To be more accurate, it is more about the reason...

"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors though him that loved us." (Romans 8:35-37) 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment