Monday, December 28, 2020

"Forbearance"

 "I said, I will go up the palm tree, I will take hold of the boughs thereof: now also thy breasts shall be as clusters of the vine, and the smell of thy nose like apples;" (S.O.S. 7:8)

"Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place." (2 Corinthians 2:14) 

  Something of interest, to say the least; without thinking too much about a reason for something, you are automatically drawn to look at what is manifested or put on display. Nah, it couldn't be that; this too strange of a place to demonstrate that kind of a manifestation; or is it? I guess it might depend upon the type of love you are hoping to see manifested; because last I checked, we were kindly talking about the insignificance of our sins.

  Did you know, there is a picture painted of the cross of Christ in every single book of the Bible? No matter which book you are in, there is always going to be some sort of an illustration of the cross; whether it is the application, the physical form, or the manifestation of triumph! It really does not matter how it is displayed; the reason is the most important factor! Malefactor, is more like it! 

  To be perfectly honest with you, I had no clue as to what I was going to share about; up until I typed that first sentence about something of interest. My title was actually gong to be something based upon the title of the last two days, "This or That," was what I had in mind; that is, until I starting looking at this smell of the nose thing; then I began to smell something of interest, something to take hold of, so to speak! 

  If you have ever heard the term, 'Putting the cart before the horse,' it is basically an idiom used to suggest something is done in the wrong order; a little like dying, before you can actually come to life. That is pretty much the smell I thought I smelt...

"Concerning his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh; and declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the Spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead: by whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:" (Romans 1:3-5) 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment