Friday, December 25, 2020

"THE GIFT"

"How fair and how pleasant art thou, O love, for delights!" (S.O.S. 7:6)

"And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear." (Isaiah 65:24)

  Emmanuel, meaning, "God is with us." As a conclusion to that portion of the last verse, "the King is held in the galleries," there is the implication being shown of the work of the Holy Spirit that is witnessed in our imaginations and our understanding of God's word, or Word of God; either is equally important! It might be easier to understand what is taking place, if you can simply imagine that the change which has taken place is not based upon a physical change, but is based upon the spiritual and supernatural likeness to God and the beauty of His holiness. 

  If you are asking me if I believe that Jesus was and is God, I will tell, that it is absolutely correct! Was He God as He laid there in the straw, swaddled in front of Mary and Joseph; absolutely 100% correct! He was born, Emmanuel, since the moment of conception! If you want some sort of proof, read Luke 1:41-45 as it shows the Him exalted while in the womb. This is not something that is up for debate; as some might have it. This is a matter of believing or not believing who Jesus was and what great a sacrifice was given that you and I could have fellowship with a Holy God! 

  If you are looking for something extraordinary to be flashing out from behind this verse, it will only be obvious if the reason is made abundantly clear. Which reminds me of something I heard yesterday as I listened to someone describe how God revealed Himself to Moses, as it says in Exodus 33:22-23, "And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a cleft of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by: and I will take away my hand, and thou shalt see my back parts; but my face shall not be seen." This back parts thing, is not His behind, but is speaking about the area below His calves, which would implicate His feet! Genesis 3:15 should come to mind with that! 

  To be very serious for a moment, this is probably the closest you can possibly get to a verse that speaks of sexual desire; because, it is implied in the word, "love," and in word, "delights". This is not something that is erotic, this is about becoming One, as in two becoming one; as that which might be experienced between a man and a woman that have a real sanctified special relationship, as God has ordained it to be. This is what Paul was speaking about, without speaking about, in Ephesians 5:32, as he was speaking of the Lord and the church: "For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined to his wife, and they shall be one flesh. This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church." (Eph. 5:30-32)

  The gift of God, although salvation is key to what has taken place, it is not the end of what God has intended for us to be saved for: we are to be One with God...

"Therefore, since we have been made right in God's sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us. Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into the place of undeserved privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God's glory." (Romans 5:1-2) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment