Saturday, December 26, 2020

"After This"

 "This thy stature is like to a palm tree, and thy breasts to clusters of grapes." (S.O.S. 7:7)

   "Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:" (Ephesians 4:13) 

  Having done this, now completing the eleventh year, it is easy to see why I have made every effort to not miss a single day. I am almost ashamed to say it, but it is more about fullness, than it is about being faithful in what I set out to do. At least I can say I completed something without missing an opportunity or facing a challenge; because there have been days where getting through to a signal or finding a source of power; well, let's just say, I had several chances to excuse myself for failing. 

  Anyhow, this is a practical way to open the door to excuses, as there are two things practically useful in theses two references above: Hard to knock over, and a whole lot of chances! You can make it out to be whatever you feel is useful for your type of ministry, it is totally okay and proper for you to do so; and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. As a matter of fact, I started a ministry once that was based upon one verse, Jude 2 Enterprises; which turned out to be a failure, because my heart wasn't in it anymore, not even a little. 

  Call it what you want, but it was during a time when I had put the petal to the metal, only to run straight into a unmovable brick wall: Life! You get two options when that happens: you can simply throw it in reverse and try again, or you can try to find another way, anyway, to get around it. I haven't quite figured out yet which option I took; but I have come to the understanding that God's grace is sufficient for either one! 

  For anyone out there that might be in need of a break from whatever it is that is tearing you down, it is more than enough that you need, to simply fall into the arms of only One that can actually catch you! This does not mean that you are giving up; no way, no how! You must simply realize that it is not by strength or by might that you overcome, but by His Spirit! Learning how to drown, it is not as easy as some might think, but is nevertheless vital to real surrender. He will grab ahold of you sooner or later; but why waste all that time and energy.

  To be perfectly straight forward, if you allow me: this is more meaningless than you might otherwise know. Oh, don't get me wrong, because this life matters; based upon matter, there is really no way to get around it. But when it comes to the spiritual aspect of  what is really real, this is more about happen-stance, than it is about the future! Not that God does not give us divine appointments, or keep us from going over some cliffs; because life happens, and stance is making do with whatever! Make Heaven your home, and it all makes perfect sense... 

"For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits, that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. And so all Israel shall be saved; as it is written, There shall come out of Zion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: for this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins." (Romans 11:25-27)   

No comments:

Post a Comment