Thursday, December 3, 2020

"Young Woman"

 "I went down to the grove of walnut trees and out to the valley to see the new spring growth, to see whether the grapevines had budded or the pomegranates were in bloom. Before I realized it, my strong desires had taken me to the chariot of a noble man." (The Song Of Solomon 6:11-12 NLT)

""Everything is meaningless," says the Teacher, "completely meaningless."" (Ecclesiastes 12:8 NLT)

  Because of God's desire for real fellowship, He has given us something called, Free Will; not that there was not such a thing present within the angels, because there is and there was; but angels are not like man, as man was created in God's image: In the spiritual likeness of God and in plurality of His existence. How all of that might clearly be seen, we will not clearly see it until we are with Him, in His presence; at that point and time, everything will be revealed. Until then, well, I think you know what The Teacher has to say about that matter! 

  In light of that, I would simply remind anyone that might think God makes mistakes or misjudgments, that you should adjust your thinking and realize that God uses every single thing that happens, and I mean everything, towards His will. How is that possible, you might ask? Well, in the words of a particular angel: "For with God nothing shall be impossible." (Luke 1:37) If the God that created you knows the number of every hair upon your head, at any given moment, wouldn't it be safe to say, He knows every single moment in your earthly existence? What do you have more of, hairs on your head, or moments in your life? I guess that might depend on if you are bald or not; but even with my baldness, there are still too many little hairs for me to count; and they still keep on growing! 

  This is really not a question of good and bad; because man was created in the beginning to love God and to hate unrighteousness. But he was also created with the capacity for moral choices and spiritual growth or decline; but those moral choices were corrupted by eating from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. Whether or not that tree had any kind of special power, is really not important, because it was the act of disobedience that set off man's devotion to love God and to hate unrighteousness, not some sort of magical fruit. 

  God could have picked any tree in the garden to be forbidden; but He picked the one in the midst of the garden; meaning that the tree was in the middle, just in case you might have wondered. Thus, we are setting the illustration up for what might be taking place here in this amazingly crafted Song Of Songs; which for my purposes, I have so dubbed, "S.O.S.", which unofficially means, Save Our Souls. To those that may not know this, your soul is as it was created, it has never changed! You were spiritually separated from God due to sin, and spiritually dead; your body became cursed by sin and is subject to death and decay; but this thing that is called a soul, it goes on and on and on! 

  In that regard, everything here, in this world, is meaningless; only what is done for Christ will last! I should probably shut up now, before I paint myself into another corner. But, just in case you might be looking for some proof about who Jesus Christ really is, it truly does make a difference...

"I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost, that I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart. For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh: who are Israelites; to whom pertaining the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises; whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen." (Romans 9:1-5) 


No comments:

Post a Comment