Thursday, October 22, 2020

"Young Woman"

 "I slept, but my heart was awake, when I heard my lover knocking and calling: "Open to me, my treasure, my darling, my dove, my perfect one. My head is drenched with dew, my hair with the dampness of the night." But I responded, "I have taken off my robe. Should I get dressed again? I have washed my feet? Should I get them soiled?" My lover tried to unlatch the door, and my heart thrilled within me. I jumped up to open the door for my love, and my hands dripped with perfume. My fingers dripped with lovely myrrh as I pulled back the bolt. I opened to my lover, but he was gone! My heart sank. I searched for him and could not find him anywhere. I called to him, but there was no reply. The night watchmen found me as they made their rounds. They beat and bruised me and stripped off my veil, those watchmen on the walls.  Make this promise, O women of Jerusalem -If you find my lover, tell him I am weak with love."                  (THE SONG OF SOLOMON 5:2-8 NLT)

  What a moot point! Oddly enough, as I thought of this Book before, this is the specific portion of the story or song that I seemed to remember the most. Maybe it was the fact that she hesitated to open the door, and when she finally opened it, he was gone. Or maybe, it was actually the assault from the night watchmen that seemed to grab my attention? Whatever it was, this is that part of this Book I had always remembered the most. 

  If you have ever felt this, whatever you want to believe it is, it is conditionally something that makes you feel unworthy, unwanted, and unprepared: PRIDE! That might not make much sense to you now, as it always seems to go; but it is because of pride that you do not and cannot see the perfect sense in just about anything, besides that which you make your right. In other words, it is what you believe that matters the most, your thoughts, your way, you, you, and you; no one else's feelings or rights really count. "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD." (Isaiah 55:8)

  This is really not all that complicated to figure out: There are always only two real choices to make whenever you are faced with what you should do, when you should do it, or which direction you should go. Even in multiple choice questions where there are three or four answers; there are usually always only two that might fit the lock, but only one is the real key; any other answers can be quickly pushed aside, leaving you a 50-50 chance to get it right. Then, it all comes down to One, as in, WHO IS RIGHT! 

"As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one." (Romans 3:10-12) 

No comments:

Post a Comment