Wednesday, October 7, 2020

"Young Man"

 "I have entered my garden, my treasure, my bride! I gather myrrh with my spices and eat honeycomb with my honey. I drink wine with my milk." (S.O.S. 5:1 NLT)

  If I have failed to make the connection with this being about the anointed love between a man and a woman, it was totally and completely intentional; I lost interest in that conquest back in chapter 3, when we went through the description of "King Solomon's carriage." From that moment on, I realized this is and was about three very important aspects of God's relationship with us: God and Israel, Jesus and the Church, and the precious life of a believer with the Redeemer! 

  If you are somehow offended by that choice, I can offer you some good books to read for your entertainment, but in this particular day and time, I feel it is more important to focus upon the spiritual side of this glorious message, than it is to get lost in the liberties granted by God to two people that are married. Besides, I learned more than enough of that while reading those books we had to read during our 6 months of pre-marital counseling. The most important thing I remember, was that her body belonged to me: not a very good topic of conversation while there is tension in the air; I learned that pretty quick. 

  Any one out there that does not believe we are living in a time of serious testing, think again! To be frank, the whole entire world is listening; there is something going on that has everyone's attention, whether they like it or not! Major lines are being drawn in the sand; to be this or that, to wear the mask or not to wear the mast; if you wear it, your are getting in line with the One World Order; if you do not wear it, you don't care about your fellow man! I hope anyone listening can see where this is going! 

  The biggest threat to all that is going on is to the churches; those who want to gather together for worship and fellowship, they are being called out and asked to stay apart. The laying on of hands, the holding hands for prayer; never mind the threat it is causing to all of our children ministries, our ministries for drug and alcohol abuse, and our ability to have real fellowship together as a body of believers. 

  You can try and ignore what is happening and why; but it should cause us all to take notice, at the very least, we should be praying for discernment and wisdom! In this very important time, we should be paying attention to what our children our getting out of all of this! Maybe we don't even know what to say, as we are at a lose for words? If that be the case, I suggest you put down all of the other reading materials, turn off the television, shut off the cellphones, and ask to have a little Wine with your Milk... 

"Therefore, since we have been made right in God's sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ has done for us. Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of underserved privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God's glory. We can rejoice too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love." (Romans 5:1-5) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment