Thursday, October 15, 2020

"I Have Eaten My Honeycomb With My Honey"

 "I am come into my garden, my sister, my spouse: I have gathered my myrrh with my spice; I have eaten my honeycomb with my honey; I have drunk my wine with my milk: eat, O friends; drink, yea, drink abundantly, O beloved." (S.O.S. 5:1)

  Why anyone might think this is sexual, it causes me to wonder what motivates and creates that hunt for expression; if anything, we should be amazed by the detail expressed to the ingredients used in making His church, His bride, and His people! After all, we are talking about the Creator of heaven and earth, it should not come as any sort of surprise that He has creative abilities; let alone, that He has the ability to stimulate our minds and soften our hearts. 

  This is really quite simple, if you can simply stand back long enough to let it sink in. If Christ is the Head, and we are the Body, then anything He might do, as the Head, is also a benefit and nourishment to the Body. The writer of Hebrews, (or writers, as I believe there were three,) refer to Christ Jesus as, "The Author and Finisher of our faith." (Hebrews 12:2) In other words, we look to Him because He shows us how we should represent ourselves as His body, as His church, and as His special people; those that are the embodiment of Christ, so called, Christians: or, Christ-Like! 

  If you want to know my thought, it is a silly thing about, "Nana-Nana-Naner," or some such thing, where something sticks to someone like glue! It is not about what you eat, what you even do; it is 110% about Who is living inside of you! If only we could take a pill, or eat a can of spinach; or better yet, have a magic bag of tricks; they are the things that would put everything within reach, because it is really really hard to find it inside of ourselves! 

  Come On Man! Don't you see, it is not about what you do: It is about Him doing through you! I cannot love as I should, no matter how much I might try; but He loves unconditionally and is always waiting for the chance to show love through us; our ego and our pride just seem to get in the way. To see this in another light, you simply ask yourself where the honey might come from, say like, Where does honey come from? Weird, I just had that crazy thought about The Everlasting Gobstopper from Willy Wonka. 

  I mind is a terrible thing to waste! Which reminds me of something I heard Dr. Chuck say the other day, he said, "Don't confuse the mind with the brain; the brain is just an organ." Do not confuse this body with that which contains the Spirit of God: this body is temporal; God's Spirit is eternal...

"Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 8:37-39)  



No comments:

Post a Comment