Friday, October 9, 2020

"Enumerated" -2

 "I am come into my garden, my sister, my spouse: I have gathered my myrrh with my spice, I have eaten my honeycomb with my honey; I have drunk my wine with my milk: eat, O friends; drink, yea, drink abundantly, O beloved." (S.O.S. 5:1)

  Now, about this title: believe it or not, it is taken from the word, "come," which is specifically meant to say, "To Be Enumerated." Much as it sounds, the word means, 'mention (a number of things) one by one,' or, 'establish the number of.' The actual Hebrew word is bow', which, by way of directions can mean all sorts of different going in's, or going's out; including, but not limited to the spirit, body, word, you name it, it is all in there for use, to be interpreted in any number of ways. But, for this particular application, this is the way I am going to try and explore this wonderful piece of work: To list and count of every single thing, one by one! 

  In other words: The application is the purpose for the WORD! Please try and understand what I am trying to say, because the true meaning, if you will allow me, of, "Living Bible," is not that the Bible changes in any way or fashion, but that the WORD comes alive in you! The reason that the WORD cannot be contained, is that the applications are so vast and numerous, you cannot even begin to keep track of them; and if you even try, you will lose track of where you started! 

  Let me try another example and see if it makes any better sense. Here is this country, we have this thing, we so often refer to, "The Constitution of the United States." Some will refer to this Transcription as a Living Document; as I will agree, the founders had established this writing to be: but not with the idea for it growing into whatever we the people might make of it: rather, that whatever we the people might grow into, this document would always bring us back to our original founding principles. It is alive because it forms and establishes a set of rules and restrictions; by which, we are made to adhere to, by the orders it might set. 

  This does not necessarily mean that will always happen; but as long as we still have the original documents, another generation can correct and reestablish the original order once again; therefore, it lives on, to fight for our rights another day: WORD...

"They know the truth about God because he has made it obvious to them. For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities -his eternal power. So they have no excuse for not knowing God. Yes, they knew God, but they wouldn't worship him as God or even give him thanks. And they began to think up foolish ideas of what God was like. As a result, their minds became dark and confused. Claiming to be wise, they instead became fools. And instead of worshipping the glorious, ever-living God, they worshipped idols made to look like mere people and birds and animals and reptiles. So God abandoned them to do whatever shameful things their hearts desired. As a result, they did vile and degrading things with each other's bodies. They traded the truth about God for a lie. So they worshipped and served the things God created instead of the Creator himself, who is worthy of eternal praise! Amen." (Romans 1:19-25) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment