Friday, October 16, 2020

"I Have Drunk My Wine With My Milk"

 "I am come into my garden, my sister, my spouse: I have gathered my myrrh with my spice; I have eaten my honeycomb with my honey; I have drunk my wine with my milk: eat, O friends; drink, yea, drink abundantly, O beloved." (S.O.S. 5:1)

  Almost there, as the story seems to go; almost there! I really hope it matters, because this is by far the most important portion of this exciting and somewhat mysterious Book, Song, Love Story; whatever you want to make it, if you are so incline, it really does not matter, as long as you believe that it is God who is speaking, you will be touched, in one way or another! If there is anything that you can take from this, it is that you should never give up! 

  You know how this works, any of you that have been serving the Lord, diligently and without expecting anything in return: you get to a particular point in your life, when you question your motives and examine the outcome; and, bam! Just like that, a dark and slow moving cloud appears, hanging over your life! Is it meant to be dealt with? Do I pay it any mind? Can I pray it away, or is it there for my benefit? Something is happening, and I don't quite know what to do; so, what do I do? 

  I am thinking of a word that rhymes with yum; because that is the most distant word that comes to mind when I think of this combination, wine and milk! Yes, it is little odd, but to be perfectly honest, you do get get fit without working out your body; you will not be equipped without working out your faith! Just how in the world do you work out your faith? (No pun intended!) 

  Nothing in this world can make you better fit, than that which is totally and completely not of this world! If it can be bought, caught, or sought in this life, it is not of any benefit to your eternal outlook and hope; not to mention, going to help you though any sort of discouragement or period of doubt. You must, with every once of your soul, put your attention on God's Word and get drunk in the Spirit! As those who might drink wine to forget about the truth around them, we as believers most get drunk in the Spirit to see the Truth that we cannot otherwise see! 

  Do not give up! No matter how unimportant it might seem to adhere; the substance that keeps you going, is not here! You know the drill...

"For I am not ashamed of this Good News about Christ. It is the power of God at work, saving everyone who believes -the Jew first and also the Gentile. This Good News tells us how God makes us right in his sight. This is accomplished from start to finish by faith. As the Scriptures say, "It is through faith that a righteous person has life."" (Romans 1:16-17) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment