Thursday, October 8, 2020

"Enumerated"

 "I am come into my garden, my sister, my spouse: I have gathered my myrrh with my spice; I have eaten my honeycomb with my honey; I have drunk my wine with my milk: eat, O friends; drink, yea, drink abundantly, O beloved." (S.O.S. 5:1)

  First of all, I am changing something with this verse, as it is really way too complex to apply one title to; and it is far too important to not be explored and looked at with an expectant heart. If there is one thing that I have learned in all of these years of walking with the Lord, it is how easily we can be persuaded to not take a chance, whether it is for fear of failure, or just to not offend the norms! Socially, our world is governed by what is popular and interesting; this includes the church, whether we can omit it or not, we just try not to let the cat out of the bag; but in our hearts, for the most part, we accept the social changes. 

  I am starting to doubt how serious those that say they want revival, actually do. I wonder, when it is brought up, how many cringe inside when the pastor mentions a prayer service; or, God forbid, that he might mention a service where they lay hands on people, to get filled with the Holy Spirit! Change is sometimes hard to face going into, but it is necessary to come out from; which is what we are here for today! "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." (2 Corinthians 5:17) 

  To be blunt, I think it is a mistake to refer to anything that is non-changing to be called living; once we place something in that category, we give people the idea that it is somehow evolving, or that it changes with the times we are living in; that it is adapting to this current culture, and bends to the needs of the current social majority. Just because something is well and good, does not make it right: if it smells like a fish, it is most likely a fish! It is not that hard to measure how far things are off, if you have the right measuring stick! 

  Please do not get offended by what I might say, but I know I just asked you to not do something that you will probably do anyways. But, I do not study from any other Bible but the King James Version, period!!! I might read another Version, not to study from, but to gain a little better understanding; but I always will check that better understanding with a deeper look into the original meanings. To be totally honest, I do not trust the NIV because anyone I know that studies from it, to say the least, is tolerant to social changes; nor do I trust the NASB because most I now that study from it, are Post-Toasties, and do not agree that God will not judge the church with the world during the Tribulation. 

  So there you have that, nice to have known you: feel free to drop by any time you want. But then again, I do enjoy reading the NLT, I just don't study from it, no way, no how; mostly because every Hebrew and Greek translation is based upon the KJV; anything else is something based upon Aramaic, not that there is anything wrong with that; definite or not! Can't we all just get along... 

"For I am not ashamed of this Good News about Christ. It is the power of God at work, saving everyone who believes -the Jew first and also the Gentile. This Good News tells us how God makes us right in his sight. This is accomplished from start to finish by faith. As the Scriptures say, "It is through faith that a righteous person has life." But God shows his anger from heaven against all sinful, wicked people who suppress the truth by their wickedness." (Romans 1:16-18) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment