Sunday, October 11, 2020

"Into MY Garden!"

 "I am come into my garden, my sister, my spouse: I have gathered my myrrh with my spice, I have eaten my honeycomb with my honey: I have drunk my wine with my milk: eat, O friends; drink, yea, drink abundantly, O beloved." (S.O.S. 5:1)

  Four words come to mind: "My House, My Rules!" Regardless of what you might think, God placed man in the garden; He also kicked man out of that same garden! Therefore, who's garden was it? Not to be a cynic, but what gave Adam the idea that the garden was his, in the first place? Something to think about, if you are raising a family, or you are running a business; and most definitely, if you are pastoring a church! 

  As I woke up this morning, at 3:15, I turned of Fox and Friends to the sound of a black minister who was speaking about the gall of those who want to try and dismiss or come against the next Justice, because of her faith. Instantly, those four words above came into my mind, "My House, My Rules!" And I was instantly reminded of the Text I would be sharing on today. Was it just a coincidence? If you want to believe it was, you could try and make that case; but, you can also believe in luck, if you feel lucky enough to express your view of God's hand is throwing dice every time He causes or allows something to happen or take place.

  This is all His! Everything, means all things! There is nothing that is, was, or ever will be, that God does not own; just so we set that record straight: "In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth," so if you know of anything not part of that, please let your knowledge of this thing be known! Otherwise, accept the facts and move on, because you are not going to win that argument. That said, I do, without a doubt, believe that God allows His children to own things and call them their own. If you doubt I am right, then you have forgotten about your sins! 

  Not to change the subject, but I stumbled upon something I would like to share; it is called, "Spurgeon's 5 Rules for Spiritualizing a Text." I only bring it up, because there are rules for doing so: so, just saying, 'Thou shalt not spiritualize the Text,' is clearly not in order! Jesus clearly said: "Search the Scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." (John 5:39) In that, I believe we have permission, if not an order, to search for the hidden meanings that point to the Son; those single elements that bring Life to the Text; that make the Way in the Text; and that point to the Truth through the Text: Because, HE is THE TEXT...

"Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, but now is made manifest, and by the Scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandments of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for obedience of faith: to God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen." (Romans 16:25-27)   

No comments:

Post a Comment