Sunday, October 18, 2020

"Drink, Yea, Drink Abundantly"

 "I am come into my garden, my sister, my spouse: I have gathered my myrrh with my spice; I have eaten my honeycomb with my honey; I have drunk my wine with my milk: eat, O friends; drink, yea, drink abundantly, O beloved." (S.O.S. 5:1)

  It was not that easy to get to sleep, thinking about this post and all that I felt I wanted to say; until I actually excused myself, asking that God just speak to me: and then I fell asleep! Not exactly what I planned for, but probably what I needed. Actually I heard a very simple message, it had something to do with, Abundant Life! 

  First of all, if you think it comes easy, you have somehow missed your turn; and by turn, I mean the place you were told to get off, change your direction, or follow your calling. Abundant Life is not easy living; but it is life Abundantly Lived; as much as it sounds wonderful, it comes with a cost. I am not saying I know anything about it; I'm just saying I know something about missing my turn. This is something I have great experience with, as I have a bad habit of talking on the phone while driving, and I miss my turns quite often. 

  Secondly, I don't think you can miss your turn! Because, wherever you are at, is where God would have you to be! Call me stupid or whatever you want, but the way I see it, if you are a child of God, you are always exactly where God wants you to be. Abundant life is based upon being full! I don't know where full is for you, I don't even know where full is for myself; as a matter of fact, full does not even show up until we get to see what being filled actually means, once we get to Heaven! 

  Thirdly, and most likely the only thing worth holding onto: we are holding onto Jesus Christ; the One that not only lived life abundantly, but He is the Abundant Life! As much as it matters, it matters more! As much as you miss every single turn that you are given, that first turn to Christ Jesus was the last turn that really mattered! 

  If you are interested in what Abundant Life looks like, I think that the 'thief on the cross' shows it well; and it don't come easy, but it sure do count...

"Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay; but be the law of faith. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also: seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith. Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law." (Romans 3:27-31) 

No comments:

Post a Comment