Saturday, October 31, 2020

"The Withdraw!" -2.0

 "I opened to my beloved, but my beloved had withdrawn himself, and was gone: my soul failed when he spake: I sought him, but I could not find him; I called him, but he gave me no answer." (S.O.S. 5:6)

  "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." (2 Corinthians 12:9) 

  Let's just call that, Breaking the Ice! Or, as my mother would always say, "If you can't say anything nice about someone, don't say anything at all." GOD IS ALWAYS GOOD! Even when we don't feel Him; even when we don't think He is there; and, even most definitely, when we don't think He is working! Silly us, we always look for signs and wonders; hoping that we can somehow participate in what is going on, or at least be caught up with the progress. But we sometimes, (most times,) forget we are part of the work of art! We are not meant to see what is being painting, because we are on the canvas! 

  If I had a nickel for all the lame and weak thoughts I ever had about God's provision and whether or not He would come through, I might be able to retire by now; but as it is, I don't see that happening for at least 3 more years. Then again, where is retire in the Bible? I know, it is: "And he rested with his fathers!" Every last bit of breath in me, needs to be productive and making myself available to be used of God; otherwise, I need to go Home where I belong! If we are not doing, then we should be done! 

  Anywho: that is what I am feeling, and I will leave it there for now. Moving on, we must be more than just a something to Someone, because God's love for you and I, is personal! Yes, you are a blot upon the canvas, but you are His special something, worth more than anything! If it cannot be explained or seen, it wouldn't be worth looking for, and it surely wouldn't be worth dying for; but this is not about what you cannot explain or see: this is about what we know and live, because He lives inside of you! 

  That said, I might have a simple illustration. If you have ever played with magnets when you were younger, the ones that were rectangle with opposite ends; then you can probably remember how you would play with them on the table, chasing one with the other, and unable to get them to connect. And then you flipped that one magnet around: WHAM! There you are, stuck, and made as One! 

  You don't get to become a Big Mac by going to McDonalds, but you do get to be a child of God by going to Christ! I am a child of God; yes I am! By the way, in that illustration, who turned...

"For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. But God commandeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath though him. For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son; much more, being reconciled we shall be saved by his life. And not only so, but we also joy in God though our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement." (Romans 5:6-11) 

No comments:

Post a Comment