Thursday, October 29, 2020

"The Bolt!" x2

 "I rose up to open to my beloved; and my hands dropped with myrrh, and my fingers with sweet smelling myrrh, upon the handles of the lock." (S.O.S. 5:5)

  As we prepare for our Lord's soon return, it is important to know the signs of His coming; not to make our anticipation sharper, but to make our appreciation more evident! If, like me, you know His return is very soon, then that which motivates your life and gives you hope, must be that which is humanly not obtainable. Simply put, that which we have obtained through Christ, is not something that can be gotten in this world, no matter how rich you are or how many people you might know, only through Christ can you obtain it. 

  That is the just of what I see here, as the odor left upon that bolt, is just that, nothing short of  holy! It can only be given by Jesus Christ; nothing else will ever be the equal, nothing can even come close! As that old saint says, "When Christ has wrought powerfully upon a soul he leaves a blessed sweetness in it, which is very delightful to it. With this he oiled the lock, to make it go easy." In ways we can never really translate, we are given keys to life eternal; keys not known or available, but by the sweetness of having been given them by Christ. 

  It might be closely associated with what Jesus said, when He said, "My sheep hear my voice," as He alone has the words, or keys, if you will, to eternal life! As it is said, "Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in Him." Because you have got to taste Him, before you can see Him; once you see who He is and what He has done for you, refuge like that can not be found anywhere else, no way and no how! 

  Besides that, this is also about works, as in, what shall I do for my King? Obedience is not something that we negotiate or try and bargain with God about, as if we have options and differences in opinions as to what God might have said or proclaimed must be done. The road is narrow because there are rules and restrictions; the number one rule is the one that says, HEAR! Do you know what that might mean? It is maybe not the same for me as it is for you; but when God tells you to do something, you need to listen and obey what He says to you. 

  I cannot speak for God, neither can you; it is God who has the last word; it is God who justifies and condemns! Please don't miss what this means and how this applies to our eternal soul! As Matthew Henry, whether knowingly or not has said, "With this he oiled the lock, to make it go easy." When Jesus said, "Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls," it was because we must be meek and lowly in heart, we are miserably lost without Him, lost without hope; hopelessly lost, without the knowledge of what He has given us and how impossible it is for it to be taken away! 

  I pray that no matter how hard things might become, you never lose hope in what is to come...

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith." (Romans 1:16-17)  

No comments:

Post a Comment