Tuesday, October 13, 2020

"My Sister, My Spouse"

 "I am come into my garden, my sister, my spouse: I have gathered my myrrh with my spice; I have eaten my honeycomb with my honey; I have drunk my wine with my milk: eat, O friends; drink, yea, drink abundantly, O beloved." (S.O.S. 5:1)

  I feel as though we are getting ready to spice things up a little bit, as I have been reminded of something that I learned early on in this spectacular journey: "Many are called, but few are chosen!" In such a way, I believe that there are vast differences in way God reaches those that are called, as it is, those that are given the opportunity to step into the light; this does not guarantee them anything, because some will reject the light, as it exposes their sins and causes them to make choices that they prefer not to make. Regardless, that is not a end, by any means! 

  As I believe we all will soon see, God will always capture the heart of His children, whether they be willing or not, it is just somehow going to happen. I had an opportunity to listen to Pastor Bryan share something he heard from his dad before he passed, as he asked him, "What do you think will surprise you the most about heaven?" His answer was, "Who will be there, and who will not." Only God knows our hearts; He knows the end before the beginning, and there is absolutely nothing that is hidden from Him. We have no idea what we will do tomorrow, let alone, how the end of our life will be, or if we even will be faithful to the very end. 

  I heard Pastor Jack share this once, how when we arrive at those pearly gates, there will be a sign that simply says, "All who were called," and after we pass through, turning back around, the back of that same sign reads, "The Chosen." One in the same, is what that actually means! To be blunt, everyone is called in one way or another, but not everyone hears God's voice! And even if they hear Him, they do not receive the sound of His voice: the love that comes forth from that call to listen! "It is I," He says, in a whisper, "It is I!" 

  You might not get the point, but every single one of us have the same big giant hole that needs to be filled; but not every one of us will have the same shape to that hole. And, therefore, the shape we know not, but it is the shape of Him, Jesus Christ!!! Not sure if you understood that announcement or not, so I am feeling led to simplify the picture: The Shape Is In The Form Of God's LOVE...

"What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? He that spared not his own Son, but hath delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things? Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth. Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us." (Romans 8:31-34) 

No comments:

Post a Comment