Saturday, October 10, 2020

"I Am Come"

 "I am come into my garden, my sister, my spouse: I have gathered my myrrh with my spice, I have eaten my honeycomb with my honey; I have drunk my wine with my milk: eat, O friends; drink, yea, drink abundantly, O beloved." (S.O.S. 5:1)

  So, if you don't already know, I love to spiritualize the Text; as a matter of fact, I look for ways that it can be done, even if it does not appear possible; I know otherwise. If you do not know what that actually means: "To spiritualize the text is to apply a method of interpretation that implies that the true meaning of the text is hidden, and that it means something other than what it appears to say on the surface." The key to making this work for the good, is to look for the application, not the interpretation. All Scripture is meant to be used for application! 

  When I do any sort of teaching, in whatever portion of Scripture I might end up teaching on, I look for several forms of applications: The Who, The Where, and The Why. The Who is always pertaining to the One that wrote The Book: Who is He, therefore the Words apply to God! The Where is always pertaining to the location of the application; listening, moving, living, whatever it is that God needs to be working in and through my life, His Word must apply to wherever that might be, and in whatever moment! The Why is always the reason for the application; it is also the application that is frequently ignored or overlooked!  

  Here is a good question for you that know your stuff: Why did Jesus Christ come into this world? It is not something you might get asked about very often, because most people already have made up their minds what the answer is, depending upon where they prefer to apply the Who and the Where. If you need a little help with the answer, the hint is found in John 4:32, as Jesus answered the request of His disciples, "Master, eat." He answered them saying, "I have meat to eat that ye know not of." 

  Anywho, we are always to be on the lookout for the message of the Gospel! It is almost always there, in some form or fashion; and if it cannot be seen on the surface, then it is most likely hidden somewhere, somehow, right before your very eyes, and pointed straight at your heart. The Living Word is meant to be applied to life! Abundant life, everlasting life; living for God, God living in us; life, life, life! Why, you might ask? Taste and see...

"For by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous. Moreover the law entered, that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: that as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord." (Romans 5:19-21)  

No comments:

Post a Comment