Saturday, November 9, 2019

"Wherever I Go"

"Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and are acquainted with all my ways." (Psalms 139:3)

  I just cannot get over the fact that God knows everything about me, and yet, He still loves me the way that He does. It might not make sense, but I imagine once we are with Him in heaven, all of our questions will be answered. This might just be the verse that inspired Kansas to write that song, "Dust In The Wind," if anyone remembers them and that song. Whether you believe it or not, you are the apple of His eye; in other words, He not only knows everything about you, but He knows everywhere you go, have been, and where you will ultimately end up. I really don't know how else to explain it, other than the fact that He may not control everything that we do, but He does all that He can to get us through to the other side. One way or another, if that is where we end up, we will be there! I guess the best illustration that we have of this in the Bible, would be the children of Israel being scattered out all over the world, and then brought back into the Promised Land. He scattered them, kept track of them, and then He brought them back! The adventures and mishaps in the way, those were all the things that were somewhat misguided and obscure; but no matter what, He would find them, dust them off, and set them back on their way. It is a lot like that verse I have shared on before: D. A. has a song called, "Safety Net," where they say, "Shot like a bullet, till kingdom come." The illustration we get from that, is one of God holding a musket, and loading us into that musket, firing us off ahead, finding us, dusting us off, and reloading us again. It might sound a little obscure, but so is life! But then again, if we are God's children, there is a guarantee...

"Jesus replied, "I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry again. Whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. But you haven't believed in me even though you have seen me. However, those the Father has given me will come to me, and I will never reject them. For I have come down from heaven to do the will of God who sent me, not to do my own will. And this is the will of God, that I should not lose even one of all those he has given me, but that I should raise them up at the last day. For it is my Father's will that all who see his Son and believe in him should have eternal life. I will raise them up at the last day."" (John 6:35-40) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment