Tuesday, November 12, 2019

"Lost and Found"

"Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it." (Psalms 139:6)

  As with almost everything to do with finding out about God, understanding how God knows all that He knows and putting that together with how much He loves us, it is more than we can possibly take in. Just thinking about it causes mind to blow circuits and makes my heart overwhelmed. This verse reminds me of my favorite chapter in the Bible, Isaiah 55, where it says, "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." Those who might think that they found God, really don't know how it actually works; because it is God that finds us! It is really more complex than that, because in reality, He never lost track of us and always knows where we are and what we are doing in our lives. The finding part is the thing that blows my mind; because He is the one that knows my heart, and at just the right time, He found me in a place where my heart would respond to His love! It did not stop there, because He is still finding me all the time; causing me to remind myself how much He loves me, to ask forgiveness for forgetting, and to be reminded of how much I need Him in my life. If it were not for Him taking the time to reach out and remind me of what I mean to Him, I might just be caught up more in the things of this world; as if I don't have a problem avoiding that, because that is a constant battle. You feel like you want to be successful in business one day, and then want to avoid being successful the next; you want to be in the ministry one day, and the next, you can't let go of your business. It is a little more complex than that, but the more I try and think about it, the more confused I get. Not that it matters, but I do like working most days; I just can't see myself doing anything else. Between taking care of my wife and working, there really isn't much more time for anything else. That is why I really appreciate this time of the year, because it reminds me how much to be thankful for everything and to praise Him for all of His wonderful blessings. So, you see, it really does not matter where we are or what we are doing, as long as we are abiding in Christ: So just keep abiding...

"Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you." (Philippians 3:12-15)

No comments:

Post a Comment