Tuesday, November 26, 2019

"Tell Me Something"

"Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? And am I not grieved with those that rise up against thee?" (Psalms 139:21)

  Something to think about, if you are so inclined. As I was praying about what this might be implying, I had to think about all the times I might have been comparing my life to that of someone who might live, say, a little differently. It is really not that hard to imagine myself living in rebellion against God, because I had already been there and done that; but every so often, there is that taste of familiarity that speaks to that old life, and it must be rebuked and push away as quick as it comes into my mind! These are the moments when that "Polar Bear Alert" comes into play! I know that I have shared this before, but every so often I need to remind myself that there is a battle to be fought, and it requires that we take action! Jay Carty, who has gone home to be with the Lord, wrote a book back in 1988, called, "Counterattack - Taking Back Ground Lost To Sin." If you have had a chance to read that book, then you can maybe remember that anger was one thing he kept bringing up, over and over. Yes, I think you know what I am talking about; because anger is really something that is hard to put back into the bag and forget it never happened; if you get my point. Counting to ten, although it might work in some cases, does not always take away the motivation and the spark; there has got to be something else to bring into our mind, something that causes us to change the way we think, and that gives us a different perspective. Oh, it is a heart thing alright; and God can and will change our heart; but this involves our thoughts and how we react, something that requires action, but in a positive way; a way that gives glory to God! If you are looking for an easy answer, don't look to me or anyone else, look to Jesus! Jesus said, "Come unto me all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." (Matthew 11:28-30) This is something that requires action! We must take up His yoke, and we must be harnessed to Him...

"Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; and having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled." (2 Corinthians 10:5-6)

No comments:

Post a Comment