Saturday, November 23, 2019

"My Soul is Kept"

"If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee." (Psalms 139:18)

  As if I could, is the way I see this; there is just no way to count all the blessings and the ways that God looks after us. Seriously, how could we? I know several people in my life that use one that breathing machine while they sleep. I can't imagine what it might feel like to know that you stop breathing in the middle of the night and how often you might not have even woken up. If there was something to be said for, "Now I lay me down to sleep," dying before you wake is no joke! No, this is not something I care to even know about, if I even do that or not; if I die in my sleep, that would be the perfect way to go! But I believe that God will keep me going as long as I am needed; and as far as my life is concerned, as long as my wife is alive, I am needed! There are other people in my life I need to care for also, but Marianne is not able to care for herself. Regardless, everyday in this life is totally and completely dependent upon the Lord; when He calls us home, it is time to go! Here is the thing that blows my mind more than anything else: The awake part of all of this is after we are gone! This is the whole point of this and why it matters; we do not die! Actually, it is just the opposite thing that happens, because currently we are held captive within these tents, totally dependent upon the things we buy to sustain us. There is nothing that anyone can do to me to take away my life in Christ; absolutely no way, no how! Do you believe this! That was the question that Jesus asked Martha, and He was being totally serious about the reason why. It is what we must believe! More and more, it is getting harder to keep track of time; it almost seems as though this merry-go-round has been turned up a few notches, and I am just waiting to jump off. The best and greatest hope to hold unto is the fact that this will soon be over and I get to be with Jesus! Where I also look forward to seeing so many people that have gone before me. Talk about counting, I have totally lost count...

"But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for a helmet, the hope of salvation. For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, who died for us, that whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him. Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do." (1 Thessalonians 5:8-11)

No comments:

Post a Comment