Monday, November 4, 2019

"Great Expectations"

"Though I walk in the midst of trouble, thou wilt revive me: thou shalt stretch forth thine hand against the wrath of mine enemies, and thy right hand shall save me." (Psalms 138:7)

  You know me by now, and you should know how I always pay a certain amount of attention to verses that land on the number seven; this is nothing less than sheer confidence in Gods Word! If my God has saved me, then I am saved, no matter what might happen to me in this lifetime; regardless of the severity of the trial, I will be revived! That is pretty much the story here; at least in the prayer of thanksgiving David is proclaiming to God. We might not sometimes know what or how we should pray, especially when we are in the midst of trouble. It might be something God is working in us, or it might be somehow something He is working through us; but if we are His, you can be assured that whatever it is and how ever it works out, you will ultimately be saved through whatever it is. Do you know how we can be assured of that? Oddly enough, any whatever that we might experience in this life, it is always just a simple what if; as in, what if this might happen, I still have my salvation! No one can take that from me: No way, No how! Notice David does not say, 'thou shalt stretch forth thine hand against mine enemies.' Instead he is stating that God will stretch forth His hand against the wrath of his enemies, because it might be that God will save them also. Wouldn't that be something amazing to see? It could actually be the case, so we should never pray that God would destroy or harm another man or woman; they could end up becoming a brother or a sister! Remember that famous quote from Joseph, when he said to his brothers, "But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it for good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive." (Genesis 50:20) Is it any wonder; because as long as we are a servant of the Lord, as His servant, we will be doing His work, in whatever something we might be in the midst of, His Right Hand gets stuff done...

"Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness." (Isaiah 41:10)

No comments:

Post a Comment