Friday, November 22, 2019

"For The Record!"

"How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! How great is the sum of them!" (Psalms 139:17)

   Maybe you did not get what the point was in all of that; but it is more about a passion, as in, where is the desire of your heart and what is constantly pressing into and through you. Jesus said it, "If any man thirst, let him come to me, and drink. He that believeth on me, as the Scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water." (John 7:37-38) Belly does not mean the gut, it means the substance of what you are and the passion within you. I was a terrible son to my mother, mostly because I had little respect for her and the choices she had sometimes made while I was growing up. But as terrible as I was, she always spoke good things of me and praised the good things I did, never speaking about the bad things, especially the things that only she knew. I can't say I witness that much in people, because most people want to share and talk about the bad in others, primarily just to make themselves appear better than they really are. The thing about that, if you really want to know, is that you become a terrible person in the eyes of those you share with, if all the time you are telling others about the bad things you see in the people you know. I'm just saying: If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, don't say anything! (I wish I could stick to that rule!) Anyways; this verse is probably one of those verses that gets so overlooked; not because it is hidden or not shared that much, but because that it is so easy to reject and think it does not apply to me. As if God, the Creator of heaven and earth, has me and my pathetic life on His mind. I know you don't feel that, and if you do, you must stop! God loves us so very very much, He gave everything that He could to save us and to make it so that we could spend eternity with Him! What is eternity compared with the millions of people that He loves? It means that we will have time to share with Him! I don't know why, but my heart was heavy during my prayer time this morning for someone that might be giving up. Please don't give up on whatever it is your wanting to give up on! God is more than able to turn any situation from a total disaster to an amazing testimony of His everlasting love! When everyone else gives up on you, He never does; so you can't give up either! There is just nothing else to say, but...

 "Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come ye, buy wine and milk without money and without price. Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness." and...
 "Instad of the thorn shall come up the fir tree, and instead of the briar shall come up the myrtle tree: and it shall be to the LORD for a name, for an everlasting sign that shall not be cut off." (Isaiah 55:1-2 & 13)

No comments:

Post a Comment