Monday, December 17, 2018

"Testimonies of Trust"

"I will speak of thy testimonies also before kings, and I will not be ashamed." (Psalms 119:46)

  This is a pretty logical notion, to speak before kings about the testimonies of God; after all, it is God that puts those in office, so why would it not be a worthy conversation? I think we sometimes forget who is in control. The devil might have some power when it comes to this world, but it is God that sits on the Throne; He works things out for His ultimate plans and glory. When it comes to trusting God, David was proven time and time again in the area of trust. There were also times when he did not, but those were only brief and short lived periods of his life; most likely because he had placed his focus upon other things and became distracted. It is really not that hard for that to happen to any one of us, at some time or another. It only takes a very slight adjustment in our sight; one minute you are focused upon the Lord, the next you could be focused upon yourself; it's just that easy. As if God does not know every single thing about us, that He does not also know every single failure. He knows us better than we know ourselves! If you want to talk about trusting God, then you should place that little bit of wisdom at the top of the list. God chose me, despite all of my failures and imperfections; He loves me just as I am, because He has a plan for me that is far outside my imagination. This is the point Paul was making to the Corinthian church, God is in control; true wisdom starts with that understanding, and everything else follows that rule...

"King Nebuchadnezzar sent this message to the people of every race and nation and language throughout the world: "Peace and prosperity to you! "I want you all to know about the miraculous signs and wonders the Most High God has performed for me. How great are his signs, how powerful are his wonders! His kingdom will last forever, his rule through all generations."" (Daniel 4:1-3) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment