Tuesday, December 4, 2018

"HE"

"Teach me, O LORD, the way of thy statutes; and I shall keep it unto the end." (Psalms 119:33)

 If it is true, each and every one of us that are His children hear His voice; then why are so many of those that confess to be His children so far off the reservation? Listening to the call-in portion of CSN yesterday, I could not believe some of the questions that were asked, as if there could be some in the body of Christ that have that much misunderstanding of the Scriptures. If you want to know what I honestly think, I will blame it on the recent legalization of a certain substance; that must be what it is, because nothing clouds the mind like that stuff. This verse speaks of something that is very important to the average Christian's life: We must hear directly from God! Each and every one us that are in the faith, we need to have discernment when it comes to listening to teachings, no matter who it is that we are listening to. There are certain things I hear during the day that I might not agree with, and if I really need to know the answer to what is being said, God alone is the source of my answer. Does it stack up against His Word? You can read into certain Scriptures whatever you want, but if what you believe it says does not line up to other Scriptures, then the meaning you are getting is wrong. This is why I always take notes, so if there is something I do not know, something I have not heard before, then I can write it down and check it out later; besides the practice of writing down things helps me remember, certain things need to be written verbatim. It also helps to add a little content, just so you get the context of what was being said, right. Besides, the more we hear directly from God, the less that someone else can take away from what we have learned. If it comes directly from God, then it will usually stick with us, all the way to the end...

"Dear children, the last hour is here. You have heard the the Antichrist is coming, and already many such antichrists have appeared. From this we know that the last hour has come. These people left our churches, but they never really belonged with us; otherwise they would have stayed with us. When they left, it proved that they did not belong with us. But you are not like that, for the Holy One has given you his Spirit, and all of you know the truth." (1 John 2:18-20) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment