Friday, December 21, 2018

"Just Sayin"

"This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me." (Psalms 119:50)

  Before we can even have anything to put our faith in, there needs to be reason enough to believe that something is there and that is some sort of prize or redemption to come our way. Paul puts it in a very simple way, speaking about the resurrection from the dead; that if there is no resurrection, what is the point! And better yet, if Christ was not raised, then our faith is in vain, and we are still in our sins; and all those that have died have perished. (1 Corinthians 15:16-18) I can't help but think of that rat experiment, the one where they were saved from downing. Those rats that were not saved, simply gave up trying to swim after only a few short hour; but the ones that tasted salvation, keep on swimming, holding out for the hope of being saved. Christ did rise up from the grave! If you need proof, then research it yourself; start with your own heart, and then convince your head! I go back to the very beginning, Genesis 1:1. It really goes back to the simple fact of the Bible being the word of God, and the truth of what is being spoken. Where does our hope come from? It comes from knowing that the Bible is the spoken Word of God, and throughout His Word, there is Hope! We can debate all the little technical details all we want to, and we can still go away frustrated in disagreement; but if you want to disagree on the merits of God's Word, our debating is over and we have nothing left to talk about. I will choose to not even into into an argument over the authenticity of the Bible; if for no other reason than to protect my own heart. I will lay out what I know, and pray for you, but I will not even consider your argument with any validity of truth. Call me cautious, but I know how the human heart works. It is the doubt we have within us that allows us to sin; it is any once of disbelief that will allow us to give up and drown, like a downed rat. It is that word "quickened" that spells it out better than I could ever do. Much like the question Jesus presented to Martha, "And whosoever liveth and believeth in me, shall never die. Believeth thou this?" (John 11:26) That is what His Word is for...

"We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love." (Romans 5:3-5) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment