Friday, December 14, 2018

"Real Truth"

"And take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth; for I have hoped in thy word." (Psalms 119:43)

 Even if I could, I don't think that I can unlearn what I have learned about the love of God. This is a pretty big claim, one that a certain cult I know and have had dealings in, does not believe in. In that fellowship, if you study in their books for several years, you will be in the light; but lay aside those Scripture Studies for only six months, and just read the Bible by itself, and you will be in darkness. 'What would we do without the elders teaching us what the Bible says?' How about you just listen to God? Better yet; accept Jesus Chris into your heart, and then let Him put His Spirit within you, and then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free from all of that nonsense. I did not need to learn the basic principles of the Gospel; from the very moment that I believed, the Spirit that was placed within me has confirmed truth in me. Even things I had no understanding in before were made perfectly clear; without someone needing to interpret or explain them to me. This is how the Holy Spirit works within us; He guides us, He comforts us, and He is our Helper, to interpret and understand the Holy Scriptures. When we get messed up, it is usually because we have listened to someone else about what is being said; and there is surely a whole lot of different interpretations out there. I watched "The Forth Wiseman" last night, for at least the umpteen time. If you haven't seen it, it is really worth watching. In the movie, Martin Sheen is trying to catch up with three other Wisemen to go and give gifts to The New Born King; but he is always late, usually because he gets stuck helping others. He ends up in a leper colony, for what was to be one day, but tuns out to be a lifetime. Anywho, he finally gets to meet with Jesus, and there is no mistaking who it is that he is looking at; he knew it was Jesus the second he saw Him. That is what the Holy Spirit does in the heart of a believer; we have confirmation to the Truth...

""And this is my covenant with them," says the LORD. "My Spirit will not leave them, and neither will theses words I have given you. They will be on your lips and on the lips of your children and your children's children forever. I, the LORD have spoken! "Arise, Jerusalem! Let your light shine for all to see. For the glory of the LORD rises to shine in you. Darkness as black as night covers all the nations of the earth, but the glory of the LORD rises and appears over you. All nations will come to your light; mighty kings will come to see your radiance."" (Isaiah 59:21-60:3) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment