Wednesday, December 12, 2018

"VAU"

""Let thy mercies come also unto me, O LORD, even thy salvation, according to thy word." (Psalms 119:41)

 If we were going to assign a law to this section, it would be the law of trust; that if we will trust in the LORD, we will benefit from putting our trust in Him, and in Him alone. Even though we cannot earn our salvation, we still need to acknowledge it; it must be cherished and respected as the best gift we could ever be given. I hear Pastor Mike say all the time, "I don't believe you can loose your salvation, as you would misplace your car keys." Just so happens, yesterday afternoon, I misplaced my keys to my truck. I was just stepping out of my truck for a moment, as I was in the Home Depot parking lot and just getting out to buy a hot dog; so I tossed the keys on my center console as I went out the door. When I arrived back with my dog, and I opened the door, my keys were not there, they were gone! What a weird feeling. I really did not know what to do or what to think. Did someone see me keys and take them just to make me suffer? Did I miss the console and they fell between the seats? It was getting dark, so looking between the seats was a challenge. So many things were racing through my mind; as I was expected to be home in an hour to relieve my wife's nurse. I have another set at home, should I ask the nurse to leave now and drive 45 miles to bring them to me? What was I to do? "Lord, please help me", I prayed. Sure enough, they somehow fell into the back seat floorboard. Just that simple, I asked for His help and He opened my eyes to see where they were. This last Sunday, Pastor Caleb was sharing about peace, and how Jesus was to bring peace into the world; yet when He came, where was the peace? Interesting enough, the peace that Jesus brought was not the peace that the world was and is looking for, it has nothing to do with peace of this world. Sure, we can experience peace in the midst of whatever it is we might be going through, but that is because our hearts are not attached to this world; if they were, we would not have that peace...

"At that time there was a man in Jerusalem named Simeon. He was righteous and devout and was eagerly waiting for the Messiah to come and rescue Israel. The Holy Spirit was upon him and had revealed to him that he would not die until he had seen the Lord's Messiah. That day the Spirit led him to the Temple. So when Mary and Joseph came to present the baby Jesus to the Lord as the law required, Simeon was there. He took the child in his arms and praised God, saying, "Sovereign Lord, now let your servant die in peace, as you have promised. I have seen your salvation, which you have prepared for all people. He is a light to reveal God to nations, and he is the glory of your people Israel!"" (Luke 2:25-32) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment