Sunday, December 30, 2018

"The Heart of Man"

"I thought on my ways, and turned my feet unto thy testimonies." (Psalms 119:59)


   Sometimes we need a little push in the right direction! Even if you have been walking with the Lord for decades, it does not mean that you have learned the lessons to keep you in character; if anything, you have learned how to sin well enough, skimming by on God's mercy and grace. The thing about God's "testimonies," is that they never change; they are as fixed as that sun in the sky, and for very good reasons. What they represent are God's laws; always plural, and always divine. They testify of Him, every part of His character. And in relation to the human heart, they testify to the love of God, being fixed upon a man or woman, in need of being fixed! That is what we need to realize here today! We are seriously broken; our hearts are deceitful above all things! Even when we think we have it fixed, it still is desperately wicked, and is in need of being fixed some more! Paul was right, there really is no time to put down our guard, we will have to fight this fight right up to the very end. Maybe that is why so many give up and walk the other way? They just give up! Personally, I don't want to give up; I don't like to see people I know giving up. We must be willing to go the extra mile and encourage those that feel as though they have lost the race. If there is one thing that I have learned over all of these years, it is that direction is everything! Turn your feet in the right direction...

""And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough to spare, and I perish with hunger! I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee, and I am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants. And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him."" (Luke 15:17-20) KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment