Wednesday, February 8, 2017

"Etched in Stone"

"Nevertheless my lovingkindness will I not utterly take away from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail." (Psalms 89:33)
I know it's more than just so happens, because God's word does not fail, ever. And I know what you are thinking, 'There sure is a lot to "God's Agreement with David," a lot more than I could ever have imagined.' Well, if you must know, it's because His agreement with David included every single one of us! That is so amazing to me, how every sin that we could have been guilty of, or will be guilty of, God has dealt with; whether it be murder or adultery, you name the sin, and He has included it with His mercy and grace. You know the original Ten Commandments were etched into stone by the finger of God, so what do you thing Jesus was writing on the ground when the woman caught in the act of adultery was brought before Him? Was He etching the Ten Commandments into the ground? Perhaps He was writing, "Where is the man?" Personally I think He was writing sins, starting with the sin of lying and gossiping, He listed those sins which people so often overlook in their own lives. Interesting enough, I had a chance to listen to Pastor Matt yesterday, and he was touching upon the exact same thing that I shared yesterday morning; it was almost spooky how there was a sentence he spoke that was almost word for word what I had said. I know his messages are recorded some time back, maybe even years ago; but I still get a kick by how the Holy Spirit works, and how He put something upon my heart, that I would hear later on in the day. That's pretty much how it works in the case of God's Agreement with David, because it's still the same plan that He had from the very beginning; it was etched in stone way back when Adam sinned in the garden, God just dusted it off to reveal it, over and over again. I must say, I don't agree with everything that I hear, but I do take everything into consideration, and then I stack it up against 'The Whole Counsel of God.' As a good example, the point of whether we can loose our salvation; I don't believe that we can, because it's not in our control to loose it. Nor do I believe that we can walk away from our salvation, because it's no longer anything to do with this earth. How can we walk away from something that is no around? How can we give up on something that we do not control? No, it's not a question of if we can loose it; it's a question about if we ever had it to begin with...
""For a brief moment I abandoned you, but with great compassion I will take you back. In a burst of anger I turned my face away for a little while. But with everlasting love I will have compassion on you," says the LORD, your Redeemer. "Just as I swore in the time of Noah that I would never again let a flood cover the earth, so now I swear that I will never again be angry and punish you. For the mountains may move and the hills disappear, but even then my faithful love for you will remain. My covenant of blessing will never be broken," says the LORD, who has mercy on you." (Isaiah 54:7-10) NLT  

No comments:

Post a Comment