Friday, February 10, 2017

"Can't Be Erased" -Too

"My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips." (Psalms 89:34)
Okay, so maybe I got a little carried away with the whole new heart thing, but one thing is for sure, if we don't feel something has changed, and if it hasn't caused us to examine ourselves to check if we are actually following Jesus or not, then we need to be fixed, pronto! This is not going to church that we are talking about here, this is about getting into heaven! In other words, the covenant is made with His children, so it matters that you are labeled His child if you are counting on that covenant to be for you. As I was driving here yesterday, I heard at least three different messages on love being the proof of our salvation. If you don't have love in your heart for your brothers and sisters, then you don't have what it takes to be called a child of God. How do we know if there is love in our hearts? What is the sign that confirms God's love is within us? If I could put it into one word, I could say that it's caring. The King James uses the word "Charity" to express the word in 1 Corinthians 13; a chapter totally devoted to love and the expression of it. So besides the fact that God is Holy and cannot lie, His love for us is such, that anything He has established in love can never be altered or erased, because His love does not change based upon how He might feel about us; whether that be disappointment or anger, He still cares very much for us and loves us no more or nor less than He always has. I don't know about you, but I find that to be rather amazing. I can't even count all the times that I have disappointed God; and if He wasn't disappointed with me, I sure was disappointed in myself. That in itself is a sign of the love we have within us, that we care about disappointing our Heavenly Father. If we don't care if we disappoint Him, then that's a pretty good sign that there is something wrong with our heart. Sometimes I think that maybe I deserve some sinful pleasure, if you can believe that kind of reasoning. Well it's not all that far from reality, because that is exactly what David was thinking when he stayed at home instead of going to war. What else could have caused him to feel that he was afforded the pleasure to stay at home? Let alone the pleasure to take another man's wife? Something had got in the way of caring, something called 'I'...
"God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation. Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him. And remember, when you are being tempted, do not say, "God is tempting me." God is never tempted to do wrong, and he never tempts anyone else. Temptation comes from our own desires, which entice us and drag us away. These desires give birth to sinful actions. And when sin is allowed to grow, it gives birth to death. So don't be misled, my dear brothers and sisters. Whatever is good and perfect comes down to us from God our Father, who created all the lights in the heavens. He never changes or casts a shifting shadow. He chose to give birth to us by giving us his true word. And we, out of all creation, became his prized possession." (James 1:12-18) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment