Saturday, February 18, 2017

"Feeling a Little Judged"

"Thou hast set up the right hand of his adversaries; thou hast made all his enemies to rejoice."  (Psalms 89:42)
I know it might not make sense all the time; maybe not even much of the time; but truth be told, it really does not need to make sense, as long as God is doing something good. The very next question that needs to be asked, is, What constitutes good? How is cancer good? How is the death of a child good? I guess we just have to wait and see, because not much gets revealed in this life, except for sin. You might not know what I am talking about, but there is one Tom Cruise movie that I really like, it's called "Knight and Day." In the movie, Tom keeps trying to illustrate to Cameron Diaz how her chances of living are with or without him, by putting his hand down low for without, and then putting his hand high for with; without, with! It really did not matter how crazy the ride might become, she just needed to stay with him. That's pretty much the point of what I am trying to say. It really does not matter how crazy this ride might get, we just need to stay close to Jesus! When it comes to feeling judged, we have a Judge, of the Highest Court of All! There is absolutely no higher court than the Throne of God; and guess Who sits at the right hand in that Court? Yes indeed, our Lawyer! So it really does not matter what happens in this lower court, because it does not count; it's all stricken from the books, there's nothing to see there! Now regarding those things that don't seem good, if you are God's kid, nothing happening in your life is God judging you; that's not what God allows things to happen for, to judge you for doing wrong. He will however allow to go through something to draw you closer to Him; He might even allow it to draw someone else to Him. Either way, we are His child whom He loves, and He is not going to just thrash our lives because He is some kind of a mean judge. God loves us so very much, it hurts! How do I know that, you might ask? "Jesus loves me, this I know, because the Bible tells me so!" "Little ones to Him belong!" We are weak, but He is strong...
"Jesus realized they wanted to ask him about it, so he said, "Are you asking yourselves what I meant? I said in a little while you won't see me, but a little while after that you will see me again. I tell you the truth, you will weep and mourn over what is going to happen to me, but the world will rejoice. You will grieve, but your grief will suddenly turn to wonderful joy. It will be like a woman suffering the pain of labor. When her child is born, her anguish gives way to joy because she has brought a new baby into the world. So you have sorrow now, but I will see you again; then you will rejoice, and no one can rob you of that joy."" (John 16:19-22) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment