Tuesday, February 28, 2017

"...Unconditionally!"

"Blessed be the LORD for evermore. Amen, and Amen." (Psalms 89:52)
As always, my very first thing that I ask for to begin this process, is for the title; I don't type a single word without it, because it is the inspiration definition; in other words, it defines what I believe God is speaking into my heart, even though I might not totally understand what He is trying to say. This particular title was on my mind since about three o'clock yesterday afternoon. I had left off from my post yesterday morning think that my title was going to be, "...To The Lord!" But for some strange reason I thought about certain circumstances and difficulties in my life, and it dawned on me how little any of those things really mattered compared to the eternity that awaits me in heaven. I am not looking for sympathy or any sort of pat on the back, but you have got to know that it's really hard to keep it together some days. But God always seems to give me the strength to push through from one day to the next, and before you know it, another year has passed and went. Sometimes it's going to hurt! That's all there is to it; we have not been promised anything from this world, so we should not be disappointed when it is taken away or never happens. I may not even want to go forward any more, but I will do it anyways, because He is in charge! I might not even like it; I might even hate to be tormented from the lack of companionship from time to time; but I love my wife, and I know that she is doing the very best that she can do. If she could, she would jump into my arms every single day as I walk through the door; and it's that thought that keeps me going, longing for the day when it will happen, be it here or there, it's going to happen. So, in light of this unconditional doxology, whether we doubt, or we feel any discomfort; whether we don't want to go forward, or we feel as though we have been left alone; whether we have not been given what we want, or we feel as though we want to give up; we must surrender our lives to the Lord! Just surrender this life and praise Him for the next; looking forward to the glorious eternity that awaits...
"Even though the fig trees have no blossoms, and there is no grapes on the vines; even though the olive crop fails, and the fields lie empty and barren; even though the locks die in the fields, and the cattle barns are empty, yet I will rejoice in the LORD! I will be joyful in the God of my salvation! The Sovereign LORD is my strength! He makes me as surefooted as a deer, able to tread upon the heights." (Habakkuk 3:17-19) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment