Monday, February 20, 2017

"Feeling a Little Cheap"

"The hast made his glory to cease, and cast his throne down to the ground." (Psalms 89:44)
If there is any truth to any of this, it's that there are two perspectives; there is God's perspective, and then there is man's. We really don't see what God sees; most of the time, we don't even see what we see, we only see what we want to see, or what we think we see. If we are lucky, maybe we write it down soon enough, so that our minds don't make it out to be something it's not. That's a little like what James speaks about in the sense of a man who hears the word, but is not a doer, "he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass; for he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgeteth what manner of man he was." There really is no difference! I am a son of the KING! It is up to me to live up to the position that I have been placed in and not to squander all that I have been given. But we so often forget who we are in Christ, and how important we are to the one who gave His all to make us His children. We are not cheap; we might sometimes think that our lives really don't matter all that much, but we are loved by the Creator of heaven and earth; each and every one of us, personally and individually, loved! Come on! Let that sink in and blow your mind! The same God that created everything in existence, not only knows my name, but He knows the very number of the hairs on my head; I don't even know that much about myself! I can't even keep track of the hairs that I have lost, let alone the ones that remain. If any one is remotely capable of causing our glory to cease, it's our own doing; we do so by not living up to the position we have been given in Christ, because He could do nothing more to place us where we are, He did it all when He died and rose again. If anyone can cast our throne to the ground, it is by our own disobedience and failure to be a doer of the Word. You know, just because you might fail, does not mean that you cannot succeed. And, if you get right down to it, just because you succeed, does not mean that you can't fail. These are some of the principles that James speaks about in his letter; apart from Christ we are nothing and can do nothing; but in Christ we are invincible and holy. We just need to keep the right perspective and not be drawn to our own understanding; and especially, we should never base any of our worth, abilities, and how much we are loved, on how we feel. Love is not a feeling; true love is a commitment that keeps loving despite how we feel...
"If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn't love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God's secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn't love others, I would be nothing. If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn't love others, I would have gained nothing. Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand it's own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance." (1 Corinthians 13:1-7) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment