Monday, February 6, 2017

"He Stands Alone"

"His seed also will I make to endure for ever, and his throne as the days of heaven." (Psalms 89:29)
The fourth of six verses which proclaim the coming King of Kings, it is no surprise that it follows a verse which speaks of mercy for evermore. If you admire the way God does certain things, then it should also be no surprise about the upset from last nights game. What, you don't think God had anything to do with that? You believe what you want, but I saw nothing but talent on loan from God! I actually took this title from a headline on my computer screen, "He stands alone as the greatest ever," as they show a picture of Brady holding up the Superbowl trophy. He might be the greatest quarterback, but there is none greater than our Lord and Savior, not in all the earth. As a matter of fact, the Father has given Him and name that is higher than any other name in heaven and earth. So, if you get right down to it, Christ Jesus stands alone as the greatest ever, forever! You know, records are to be broken, but there is no breaking the record that Jesus set, ever! I dare anyone to even try! As to the point of the game, I was hoping that the Patriots would win, mostly because their winning was made so political. But after the half-time my heart was no longer disappointed in a lose, but thankful it could somehow unite our country, maybe even prevent a riot or two. It was not until the third quarter that my head shook from side to side, as I knew deep down what was happening. And get this, I already suspected the game was going into overtime, because it had already been predicted by one of the anchors of the Waste Management Open; which also ended in a playoff. Usually that game is wrapped up before the Superbowl even starts, but not this time; this time it went on and on. Don't get me wrong, because I am really not a huge football fan, nor do I usually ever watch it; and if I had to pick a team, then it would be the Raiders, whom I now call the Traders. But when you start using a football game to push a political issue, then I am going to go with the team that best represents the side of the political spectrum that I agree with. I personally know Christians that furiously bash Trump; and when I say furiously, I mean that they turn into monsters and look like they could kill someone who might step in front of them. I don't quite know what to think, because there is no way to talk to them; they feel what they feel for some strange reason, but they won't give me a reason that makes any sense. Be that as it may, we are instructed to pray for those in leadership, not to curse them. Believe it or not, God has placed him where he is for a reason; there is a reason for everything that happens, even a winning football game...
"Confused and disturbed, Mary tried to think what the angel could mean. "Don't be afraid, Mary," the angel told her, "for you have found favor with God! You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you will name him Jesus. He will be very great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his ancestor David. And he will reign over Israel forever; his kingdom will never end!" Mary asked the angel, "But how can this happen? I am a virgin." The angel replied, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the baby to be born will be holy, and he will be called the Son of God. What's more, your relative Elisabeth has become pregnant in her old age! People used to say she was barren, but she has conceived a son and is now in her sixth month. For nothing is impossible with God."" (Luke 1:29-37) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment