Saturday, April 16, 2016

"Bound to Be Free" -Too

"There break he the arrows of the bow, the shield, and the sword, and the battle. Selah." (Psalms 76:3) I am really sorry if I stepped out of line, I just needed to get that off my chest, I guess. I think the key word to this verse is the word "there," which is a lot like the word ,'therefore,' in that it causes us to look back to where it is that God wins the battle. Obviously, the real battle is happening in the spiritual world, but that world we may not actually see still has great effects on the world that we live and die in. But, those places listed in verses one and two are actual places; they might refer to different times, but the places are actually the same. To be perfectly honest, I really do believe that everyone here has a purpose and a reason to be alive on this earth; whether that might be good or bad, it is still a purpose. The thief on the cross is a great example, as he was a bad person, but look at all the good that became of his end. Judas Iscariot was also bad, but he still had a purpose in Bible prophecy and in getting Jesus to the cross. And, as to our conduct or our passion, we are what are based upon what we have learned to be; whether that be by instruction or being self-taught, our character is something that is picked up upon very early on. My childhood hero's came in cartoon characters that I watched growing up; the first of which was Felix the Cat, who had a bag of tricks that he used to fix all kinds of issues. My second childhood hero was Popeye the Sailor Man, who ate a can of spinach and could do all kinds of extraordinary things. Something that those two characters have in common, is that they get power or strength from an outside source, whether it is a bag of tricks or a can of spinach, their power and ability to overcome is outside of who they normally are. That said, it really does not matter what you do, as long as what you do has a purpose; and it is not up to me to judge anyone's purpose, that's up to God. So, I guess what I am trying to say, is that even a 'Sponge' can have a purpose, especially if your your name contains a 'bob.' Besides, no matter who we are, or what we actually do, there is really only one thing that actually really matters... "Jesus replied, "Your mistake is that you don't know the Scriptures and you don't know the power of God. For when the dead rise, they nether marry nor be given in marriage. In this respect they will be like the angels in heaven. But now, as to whether the dead will be raised -haven't you ever read about this in the writings of Moses, in the story of the burning bush? Long after Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob had died, God said to Moses, 'I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.' So he is the God of the living, not the dead. You have made a serious mistake."" (Mark 12:24-27) NLT

1 comment:

  1. I tried posting yesterday but I guess it didn't go through. Anyhow, I was commenting on how on point you were with what you were saying that everyone HAS a purpose. It's so easy to look at certain people in our lives and discount them for being either lazy or just saying "what's their purpose here?" or even ourselves, what's OUR purpose? But it's very true in retrospect that we all have a purpose and to find that out we have to be obedient to God's agenda, not ours.

    ReplyDelete