Wednesday, April 27, 2016

"Homage"

"Vow, and pay unto the LORD your God: let all that be round about him bring presents unto him that ought to be feared." (Psalms 76:11) I know those things Jesus spoke of might seem a little scary to some, but I get excited every time I see them actually taking place; the more they happen, the more excited I become! Isn't that what we are meant to do? It's like, "Get Ready, Here I Come!" And the church says, "Yes Lord, come quickly!" I hope you caught the message of what is holding Him back, because it's that everyone gets a chance to hear the Gospel message. God is so loving towards the lost, the lost being those that don't know the Way! You ever heard those words, "I once was lost but now I'm found," and wondered what they mean? If so, then you might need to check your location; because anyone who has been found, does not need to ask for directions, they know exactly where they are. More importantly, we know Who it is that holds us! To me, that's the real meaning of the words, not that I have been found, but that I know where I am at, and there is peace in knowing where I am going. In other words, God did not lose me, as if I had been misplaced, or had gone off His radar. God always knows where we are, but it's us who get lost from Him. But once we find Him, we know that we have been found; there is absolutely no doubt whatsoever! That's the amazing thing about this relationship we have in Christ Jesus, because everything is confirmed; from the Spirit being poured out into our lives, to the message being stirred up in our hearts, we are living confirmation of a life that has been saved. Does that mean we don't have doubts? I wish I could say that's how it works, but sadly, we are still human. But! And I mean, But! Here is something that works, if you are experiencing a season of doubt: PRAISE GOD! Oh yes, it's really all that simple! We get in these stupid slumps when we lose sight of who God is and how wonderful He has been to us; so what we need to do, is to focus upon Him and His wonderful love for us; after all, He deserves our praise...
"Each year every man in Israel must celebrate these three festivals: the Festival of Unleavened Bread, the Festival of Harvest, and the Festival of Shelters. On each of these occasions, all men must appear before the LORD your God at the place he chooses, but they must not appear before the LORD without a gift for him. All must give as they are able, according to the blessings given to them by the LORD your God." (Deuteronomy 16:16-17) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment