Thursday, April 21, 2016

"Over The Top" -2

"At thy rebuke, O God of Jacob, both the chariot and horse are cast into a dead sleep." (Psalms 76:6) The way I see it, it's all about the heart; if you heart is not going to change, your mind does what it wants to do. Have you ever noticed that your body's touch is connected to your mind? I know that it's basic common knowledge, but I am asking, if you have noticed it for yourself? Let's take it to the next level, and let me ask your opinion on something. If your mind and your body are doing something sinful, is it typical for your heart to be groaning? Maybe it's just me, but I do find it rather interesting how that works. Primarily, it is the heart that makes love matter; our minds want to second guess and analyze everything, but with the heart love makes a commitment to do what is right. If you look at the truth given in the Bible, if it were not given by God, it would be hard to look at it as the truth. Things like, loving your enemies, or praying for those that persecute you, or forgiving seventy times seven times; all are things which the world does not recognize as the truth; in fact, the world would consider it all foolishness or weakness. But in reality, and in God's economy, those things are signs is wisdom and strength; wisdom and strength that are given by His Spirit. Something needs to take charge; something needs to be pumped so full of love, that it becomes the major organ! And that something is our heart! I know I have shared this before, but it is worth sharing again. One night (when I was most likely pumped full of love), I was in bed going to sleep, and began to have a very filthy dream. As the images came into my mind, I instantly refused to entertain them, and in my spirit I yelled out for God's help. Immediately and instantly there was like a swoosh of light that over my mind, and the images were gone; not only that, but I was left feeling a sense of peace, almost as if I was safe from those sinful desires, and could actually get some sleep. I pictured it as an angel is what did something; maybe he swatted that demon away with his mighty sword, or something like that; but it was instantaneous and powerful. Do we actually have our own Guardian Angel watching over us? and if so, what is he doing when we don't cry out for help? Most likely he is turning the other way, and praying that we have a change of heart...
"All who believe in the Son of God know in their hearts that this testimony is true. Those who don't believe this are actually calling God a liar because they don't believe what God has testified about his Son. And this is what God has testified: He has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have God's Son does not have life. I have written this to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know you have entered life. And we are confident that he hears us whenever we ask for anything that pleases him. And since we know he hears us when we make our request, we also know that he will give us what we ask for." (1 John 5:10-15) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment