Sunday, April 17, 2016

"Fed!"

"Thou art more glorious and excellent than the mountains of prey." (Psalms 76:4) Don't feel so bad if you sometimes don't get the point of what I am trying to say, because there are days when I really don't get it either. Take yesterday for example, I really did not get the complete meaning until this morning. The title, the subject matter, and even the closing Scripture, all had purpose and direction. Jesus had something that He said in John 8:36 that puts everything into perfect harmony, "If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed." What is it that we are set free from? What is it that we never need to worry about, ever again? It's not sin, because last I checked, I still struggle with that! Jesus gave us the ability to have power over the temptation of sin, but sin still has some power, because truth be told, we still sin. The most popular verse in the Bible tells us what we are set free from, plain and simple; we have been set free from death! Just in case you might not know what that verse is that I am referring to, let me lay it out for you: "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life." I don't need to give you the address, because you already know where that verse is found. But doesn't it make perfect sense? There is nothing anyone can do to me, absolutely nothing! Talk about being indestructible, we are forever in the hand of the Living God, and we shall be alive forever! Right about now you are probably wondering about this title I chose for today, "Fed!" You don't need to talk to me about food, because my fat belly says enough for all of us; I love to eat, and I live to eat. As a matter of fact, I spend more time thinking about what I want to eat than I do thinking about what I want to wear, or how I look. That's pretty obvious if you were to see my fat belly after pounding down a 22 oz. Rib-Eye and a generous sized Baked Potato; it goes back down, but not without crawling a few subareas. I am talking about our soul being fed, not our bodies! These bodies are only temporary tents that house our eternal souls. They can be tortured and put to death, but our soul will survive and live forever and ever. Still don't see the connection?
"So Jesus said again, "I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you cannot have eternal life within you. But anyone who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise that person at the last day. For my flesh is true food and my blood is true drink. Anyone who eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him. I live because of the Living Father who sent me; in the same way, anyone who feeds on me will live because of me. I am the true bread that came down from heaven. Anyone who eats this bread will not die as your ancestors did (even though they ate the manna) but will live forever." (John 6:53-58) NLT  

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! Love this one because I've been battling with that notion of "feeding" my body and feeding my soul. I've been feeding more of my body than my soul but God's been putting it on my heart to switch things up. Its funny how we can consume ourselves with how WE look than how God looks at us. No matter if we look fat, skinny, tall, short, etc., God counts us perfect in His image. Thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete