Wednesday, April 20, 2016

"Over The Top"

"At thy rebuke, O God of Jacob, both chariot and horse are cast into a deep sleep." (Psalms 76:6) As much as I like myself, I can't stand this stupid flesh sometimes; but it really is so predictable, the way that it wants to be satisfied. If you understand how that relationship between Isaac and Ishmael plays out in the life of us believers, then you can get what Paul was talking about when he said, "just as Ishmael, the child born by human effort, persecuted Isaac, the child born by the power of the Spirit." We are children that have been born by the power of the Spirit! And as sure as I am that the earth is round, I know that my flesh cannot stand "the child born by the power of the Spirit." It's either, 'I can't do it,' or 'I'm not worthy,' or 'I'm not really a child of God;' no matter what, the flesh is constantly at war with the Spirit. I think the key to the power that is within us, are those two words, "human effort." It is humanly impossible to please God, to obey God's commands, or to even walk in the Spirit! We cannot do it in the flesh, no matter how hard we try! I really hope that I was able to illustrate how Jesus surrendered Himself over to the cross, because seeing it and saying it are two totally different things. It's sometimes hard to pronounce the visions that we are given, at least in a way that makes any sense to others. Oh, and by the way, those LETTERS are all just like I wrote them from Galatians 6:11; at least they are in my New Living Translation. Sometimes words really do matter by the way that you say them, especially when it comes to praying and asking God for help! Do you really mean it? or are you asking for the sake of asking? Because I know that if my flesh has anything to say of the matter, it's really not going to ask like it means it! Do you notice anything missing from the verse above? Maybe it's just me, but where is the driver? We really need to wake up and start putting things in their proper perspective, because are battle begins at home, in our hearts and in our minds...
"Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ has become a child of God. And everyone who loves the Father loves his children too. We know we love God's children if we love God and obey his commandments, and his commandments are not burdensome. For every child of God defeats this evil world, and we achieve this victory through our faith. And who can win this battle against the world? Only those who believe that Jesus is the Son of God. And Jesus Christ was revealed as God's Son by his baptism in water and by shedding his blood on the cross -not by water only, but by water and blood. And the Spirit, who is truth, confirms it with his testimony. So we have these three witnesses -the Spirit, the water, and the blood -and all three agree. Since we believe human testimony, surely we can believe the greater testimony that comes from God. And God has testified about his Son." (1 John 5:1-9) NLT  

No comments:

Post a Comment