Saturday, April 23, 2016

"High and Lifted Up"

"Thou didst cause judgment to be heard from heaven; the earth feared, and was still, when God arose to judgment, to save all the meek of the earth. Selah." (Psalms 76:8-9) I can understand if someone might not have received that message yesterday; I wondered myself what point I was making. But you know, I have learned something rather interesting from these postings, that it's not all my doing; because there are some mornings when I don't have a clue, yet God speaks. It's like writing a song or a poem, sometimes the hidden meanings are not seen until the circumstance matches the lines. I grew up thinking that Jesus had sinned, and that He was not perfect; as hard as that might be to believe. It was the J.W. teachings which planted that thought in my mind; as they explained it, Jesus sinned when He started turning over tables, whipping and chasing people out of the Temple. Did Jesus ever get angry? Well, you tell me. Believe it or not, but I think that anger was the force within Him that gave Him the strength to get through the ordeal of the cross. There is anger, and then there is righteous anger! His anger was righteous, and it was focused upon getting a job done! Before you go thinking it's too late for God to use your life, consider how much time it takes to save a life or to be a hero; because it's amazing what minutes, or even seconds, can do to make a difference in a person's life. It works both ways, I hope you know. Whether you are the one saving a life, or you're the one being saved, seconds can make the difference between life or death. As far as that 'serpent lifted up in the wilderness,' how long do you think it took to be saved by looking upon it for healing? In regards to being a hero and putting one's life on the line for someone else, don't you think anger has something to do with that? I am not talking about rage; although, rage could be involved with the motivation to throw yourself onto a grenade, or rush into a fire to pull someone out. But righteous anger is the force that motivates someone to overcome evil, or to care enough for someone else, that you would sacrifice yourself...
"It was nearly time for the Jewish Passover celebration, so Jesus went to Jerusalem. In the Temple area he saw merchants selling cattle, sheep, and doves for sacrifices; he also saw dealers a tables exchanging foreign money. Jesus made a whip from some rope and chased them all out of the Temple. He drove out the sheep and cattle, scattered the money changers' coins over the floor, and turned over their tables. Then, going over to the people who sold doves, he told them, "Get these things out of here. Stop turning my Father's house into a marketplace!" Then his disciples remembered this prophecy from the Scriptures: "Passion for God's house will consume me." But the Jewish leaders demanded, "What are you doing? If God gave you authority to do this, show us a miraculous sign to prove it." "All right," Jesus replied. "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up."" (John 2:13-19) NLT   

No comments:

Post a Comment