Sunday, April 3, 2016

"Road To Glory"

"I said unto the fools, Deal not foolishly: and to the wicked, Lift not up the horn:" (Psalms 75:4) You can not imagine the time we will all have in heaven, because in heaven, time will not matter anymore, one little bit. I find that hard to imagine, myself; mostly because my days are so structured by time; time to wake up, time to pray, time to read and blog, time to go to work; add into all those times, time to give Marianne her meds, time to change her, time to suction her, time to read and pray with her; and we are just talking about the first four hours of the day, from four till eight every morning; once I step out that door, things really get crazy! My day is full of none-stop appointments and things to do. From the time I leave in the morning, which is usually always later than I had planned, I am trying to get five to six Inspections done (sometimes more,) while still trying to stop for supplies, do the banking, try and make lunch appointments, and whatever else is on my plate for that day. I thought the older I would get, the more I would be slowing down; but it seems I just keep getting more busy with each passing day. That said, I have no reason to complain about anything, yet I find myself in a certain mood that seems to be complaining. Maybe it's the pressure, or maybe it's just stress; but when I am in that kind of mood, I really don't like the person I become. If you take a careful look at these two types of people that God is speaking to, they both are very much alike; one is boastful and proud, while the other is proud and boastful. The only difference between the two, is that one does not have a clue, while the other is quite sure of what they are doing. To give you an example of what I am talking about, is that a fool is one that usually speaks first and then thinks of what he has just said, while the wicked plans out what they are going to say before they say it. It's not very hard to understand how this can be something which God gets offended by, because both types of people try and take the glory away from God; one does it without knowing what they are doing, while the other knows full well they are doing it. Either way, God is not being given the glory the He deserves. Time is a gift from God; it's not something that we have earned, and it's not something that we can take for granted; but our time here must be respected and used wisely to the glory of God. If you think about the parable of the "Talents," those talents, I believe, represent time more than money or actual gifts; they represent time, because it is one of the few things that you can have disproportionately from anyone else, but still have the same ratio of impact and result. If you think that I am wrong, then think about that thief on the cross. How much time did he have to give God the glory? And yet, how many people do you guess he has caused to come to Christ since he had passed? It's like that John Deere commercial, "It's not how fast you mow, it's how well you mow fast!" If our eyes are set upon the Kingdom of God, then we are fixed upon a prize which can be shared with all who are watching our lives. That is why James said, "Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy." It's all about holding on, and giving God all the glory, no matter what you are going through...
"Wisdom shouts in the streets. She cries out in the public square. She calls to the crowds along the main street, to those gathered in front of the city gate. "How long, you simpletons, will you insist on being simpleminded? How long will you mockers relish your mocking? How long will you fools hate knowledge? Come and listen to my counsel. I'll share with you and make you wise. I called you so often, but you wouldn't come. I reached out to you, but you paid no attention. You ignored my advice and rejected the correction that I offered. So I will laugh when you are in trouble! I will mock you when disaster overtakes you -when calamity overtakes you like a storm, when disaster engulfs you like a cyclone, and anguish and distress overwhelm you. When they cry for help, I will not answer. Though they anxiously search for me, they will not find me. For they hated knowledge and chose not to fear the LORD. They rejected my advice and paid no attention when I corrected them. Therefore, they must eat the bitter fruit of living their own way, choking on their own schemes. For simpletons turn away from me -to death. Fools are destroyed by their own complacency. But all who listen to me will live in peace, untroubled by the fear of harm."" (Proverbs 1:20-33) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment