Thursday, April 14, 2016

"Dead or Alive" -2

"In Salem also is his tabernacle, and his dwelling place in Zion." (Psalms 76:2) Excuse me if I continue what I started, because I still believe that God has something to say; at least I am holding out for that to be the case. If you don't think that Jesus is who He said that He was, then I would question your position in the relationship that you have with Him as Lord of your life; what is He Lord over? and how powerful do you think He is? Seriously, if He is not powerful enough to have created everything, then what does He control? Looking at the closing Scripture from yesterday, there is something there which I find quite hard to figure out, why did the disciples doubt Him to be who He told them that He was? They had walked with Him for over three years, and He told them numerous times that He was going to be killed and be raised up on the third day; and yet, they did not accept it to be so, until they actually saw Him for themselves. Even then, they were still reluctant to accept Him as who He was, thinking that He was a spirit or a ghost. Maybe it's just me, but don't you think we have some how fallen short in the area of worshiping the way that we should, by letting the world dictate what we understand and believe? Isn't that what was going on in the hearts and minds of His disciples? They knew Jesus better than anyone, yet they placed Him in a category among themselves, as a human being, not as the Son of the Living God! I see now what this title represents, it's our faith! Is your faith dead or alive? The word "Salem" represents peace; not just peace of mind, but peace that we enter into as believers in the mighty power that comes with our relationship with Christ Jesus, our risen Lord. We can have this peace by knowing that we dwell in Him and He in us; and just as He was victorious over death, we shall be also; which therefore makes us alive and never going to die! Do you believe that? If not, then you need to get some understanding, seriously... "Then the two from Emmaus told their story of how Jesus had appeared to them as they were walking along the road, and how they had recognized him as he was breaking bread. And just as they were telling about it, Jesus himself was suddenly standing there among them. "Peace be with you," he said. But the whole group was startled and frightened, thinking they were seeing a ghost! "Why are you frightened?" he asked. "Why are your hearts filled with doubt? Look at my hands. Look at my feet. You can see that it's really me. Touch me and make sure that I am not a ghost, because ghosts don't have bodies, as you see that I do." As he spoke, he showed them his hands and feet. Still they stood there in disbelief, filled with joy and wonder. Then he asked them, "Do you have anything here to eat?" They gave him a piece of broiled fish, and he ate it as they watched. Then he said, "When I was with you before, I told you that everything written about me in the law of Moses and the prophets and in the Psalms must be fulfilled." Then he opened their minds to understand the Scriptures. And he said, " Yes, it was written long ago that the Messiah would suffer and die and rise from the dead on the third day. It was also written that this message would be proclaimed in the authority of his name to all the nations, beginning in Jerusalem: 'There is forgiveness of sins for all who repent.' You are my witnesses of all these things. And now I will send the Holy Spirit, just as my Father promised. But stay here in the city until the Holy Spirit comes and fills you with power from heaven." Then Jesus led them to Bethany, and lifting his hands to heaven, he blessed them. While he was blessing them, he left them and was taken up to heaven. So they worshiped him and then returned to Jerusalem filled with great joy. And they spent all of their time in the Temple, praising God." (Luke 24:35-53) NLT  

No comments:

Post a Comment