Monday, April 11, 2016

"The God of Victory and Judgment"

PSALMS 76 [To the chief Musician on Neginoth, A Psalm or Song of Asaph.]
Before we get off into this, I need to finish something from that last Psalm, primarily the last verse and it's relationship to the title in my Bible, "God Will Judge Fairly." It would seem to me, that if God does not judge by the righteousness of man, then why are all those "Books" open in the "Great White Throne Judgment?" I am pretty sure that I know why; and I am pretty sure that everyone will understand on that day; so why show us what we already know? I am pretty sure that just standing in His presence will be enough to convict everyone of their lack of holiness, so what's the deal? I am pretty sure that it will be based upon man's idea that he has some kind of righteous deeds that should cause God to look the other way, or some works performed that should outweigh the sinfulness in his life. None of that is going to matter! As much as there are people who say it's not so cut and dry, much of whom are people of the cloth, God has made it plain as day, "and another Book was opened, which is the Book of Life," (Revelation 21:12;) "And whosoever was not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire," (Revelation 21:15). People will say that does not sound fair, but there is no one saying that who has not heard the Gospel. So, if there ever was an argument for the idea that everyone starts out written in the Lamb's Book of Life, then wouldn't you think that might be a good place to start? There is only one sin which promises no forgiveness, and based upon all that I have come to understand, if you are still alive, then you still have a chance to be forgiven. But, if you have ever been presented the Gospel, and if the Holy Spirit has spoken into your heart, and you have refused God's free gift of Salvation, and you have died without doing so, then you are not found written in the Lamb's Book of Life. If you have never heard the Gospel, or have never heard about Jesus and that your sins could be forgiven, then it's just a matter of whether your name starts out in the Book of Life anyways, and you are taken out when you have been presented the Gospel, refused to accept it, and died in your sins. But God is the Judge! He knows the hearts of everyone that has ever lived and died; He knows whether or not they will or will not accept His free offer, without even having to ask them...
"Then the LORD said to Job, "Do you still want to argue with the Almighty? You are God's critic, but do you have answers?" Then Job replied to the LORD, "I am nothing -how could I ever find the answers? I will cover my mouth with my hand. I have said too much already. I have nothing more to say." Then the LORD answered Job from the whirlwind: "Brace yourself like a man, because I have some questions for you, and you must answer them. Will you discredit my justice and condemn me just to prove you are right? Are you as strong as God? Can you thunder with a voice like his? All right, put on your glory and splendor, your honor and majesty. Give vent to your anger. Let it overflow against the proud. Humiliate the proud with a glance; walk on the wicked where they stand. Bury them in the dust. Imprison them in the world of the dead. Then even I would praise you, for your own strength would save you."" (Job 40:1-14) NLT  

No comments:

Post a Comment