Monday, January 11, 2016

"The Victory is His!"

"His name shall endure for ever: his name shall continue as long as the sun: and men shall be blessed in him: all nations shall call him blessed." (Psalms 72:17) I know that I have my ups and downs, but I know that my Savior has blessed me with an unmovable position in Him. I don't just believe it to be so, I believe the Bible is God's Holy Word, so if the Bible says that it is so, then it is so; what is there left for me to question, because God has already supplied the proof. It is really quit simple: if you believe that the Bible is true, and if you believe in the God of the Bible, then guess what you have before you: you have all the proof that you need! I think that might be the devils doing, to get people to doubt the Bible is completely accurate, or to have worldly pastors teach that it is not to be taken literally, or that it is mostly allegorical. It is 100% true through and through; and if your Bible has flaws, then you need to get yourself the proper translation; one that has not been adjusted to worldly thinking, like the "New World Translations." Oh, I am sorry, did I offend someone? If I find a Bible that has God in John 1:1 written with a lower case g, then that Bible is not for me! I might have made that up, but it does sound kind of poetic; primarily, it is the way I have judged any translation of the Bible since the day I was born-again. I was shown at the time of my conversion who Jesus was; it was made abundantly clear, not only by the preacher who was sharing the Word, but by the Holy Spirit confirming the Word in my heart. I saw Jesus for who He was, and He was nailed upon the cross, giving up His physical life for my sins; my Creator creating my salvation with His destruction! It just does not get any more simple than that! I had a J.W. ask me once, "Why would God need to come and die on a cross?" I got the question, because I was once where they are, under the influence of a spirit that denies Jesus was who He said that He was; even though the Bible clearly says that He was God, they seem to always have an answer to deny what the Bible clearly says. But the question contains a certain element that puts Jesus in the category of something created by God for destruction; as if it was not necessary for God to come Himself, because He could just create someone to come and die in our place. Is that how you look at the One who died for you? Please say it's not so! If you seriously doubt that He was God, then you really need to take a second look at your Bible, because it does not lie...
"It was the Lord's Day, and I was worshiping in the Spirit. Suddenly, I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet blast. It said, "Write in a book everything you see, and send it to the seven churches in the cities of Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea." When I turned around to see who was speaking to me, I saw seven gold lampstands. And standing in the middle of the lampstands was someone like the Son of Man. He was wearing a long robe with a gold sash across His chest. His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow. And His eyes were like flames of fire. His feet were like polished bronze refined in a furnace, and His voice thundered like mighty ocean waves. He held seven stars in His right hand, and a sharp two-edged sword came from His mouth. And His face was like the sun in all its brilliance. When I saw Him, I fell at His feet as if I were dead. But He laid His right hand on me and said, "Don't be afraid! I am the First and the Last. I am the living one. I died, but look -I am alive forever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and the grave."" (Revelation 1:10-18) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment