Friday, January 22, 2016

"A Strong Delusion"

"They are not in trouble as other men; neither are they plagued like other men." (Psalms 73:5) Not every one gets to have such a clearly defined path, some will live as though they are very good people, while all the while they are greatly deceived. No one needed to tell me I was a sinner, I broke every commandment that there was by the time I was twelve, with exception of killing someone; although, if we go by the true measure of the law, then I was also a murderer for hating people. If you have not seen the movie "God's Not Dead" I highly recommend that you do, there is a character in the movie played by Dean Cain that makes this verse come to life. He plays a very successful businessman who thinks his life is perfect; but his heart is cold and totally selfish. His girlfriend tells him she has cancer, so he straight up breaks up with her and tells her that she has broken her part of the relationship. I was once that cold and uncaring too, because I once broke up with a very sweet girlfriend, only because see told me she had scoliosis and that she needed to wear a back brace. I was about fourteen at the time, and I guess I thought it was not cool to be seen holding hands with someone wearing something like that; what a terrible person I was! God has a way of giving people what they want; if they want to pretend that He is not there and that their life is perfect, then He will let continue thinking that way, even helping them along by allowing them to believe the lie. There is really no way to better explain it, then to say that they just don't get it! I have meet many people who are delusional when it comes to getting right with God; they think that because they are successful and healthy, that they really don't need to be forgiven of sin. Thinking that they are a good person, they have denied a need to be saved from anything, and that people who do think they need to be saved are only needy people. Yes indeed! I need Jesus! Two main issues that scream out "Delusion!" Not in trouble and not being plagued! First and foremost, we have this issue of "trouble," which, if you are looking at it from a worldly perspective, then it has justification and merit; but this world is not our final resting place, so none of that matters in the real scheme of things. Just because someone is not in trouble with man or the world, does not mean that they are not in trouble with God, because we all are born in sin. Which brings me to the "plague" of death; not only are we born to die upon this earth, but there is a second death that we could face; a death far more important than the one in this life. The plague is real; the death is real; hell is real! There is no other way to explain it, then to say that we all need to be saved; and if you don't think that you do, then you are dealing with a strong delusion...
"LORD, you always give me justice when I bring a case before you. So let me bring you this complaint: Why are the wicked so prosperous? Why are evil people so happy? You have planted them, and they have taken root and prospered. Your name is on their lips, but you are far from their hearts. But as for me, LORD, you know my heart. You see and test my thoughts. Drag these people away like sheep to be butchered! Set them aside to be slaughtered! How long must this land mourn? Even the grass in the fields has withered. The wild animals and the birds have disappeared because of the evil in the land. For the people have said, "The LORD doesn't see what's ahead for us!"" (Jeremiah 12:1-4) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment