Friday, January 15, 2016

"Come Again"

"The prayers of David the son of Jesse are ended." (Psalms 72:20) We really cannot compare what Jesus did on that cross to anything we might be going through; as if our trials or sufferings even could be considered close to His, because His were measured out of this world. You know, they say that the darkness that fell upon the world could not have been caused by an eclipse, because an eclipse only will last for a few minutes, not for three hours. And there were dead people walking around on the streets, and going into the synagogues and market places. The veil of the temple was torn in half, from top to bottom; which was something that amazed everyone, seeing how it was four inches thick and about 60 feet high. Just in case you were unaware, the veil being torn in half was that sign of our redemption being complete; just as Jesus said, "It is Finished," the sign of the work that He had finished was the torn veil, the veil that separated the place where God dwelt from the place where man dwelt! You are certain because of that curtain! Anywho; as I was praying about this last night and this morning, David's days out in the fields came to mind; his days as a young shepherd boy, tending his father's sheep, and speaking with God out under the stars. I can remember doing the same, only I was praying that the cops would not find me, not telling God how awesome He was, or looking for answers to spiritual questions. My experience was more about not getting caught, as I laid there hidden in the dark and looking up at the stars. I was about twelve or thirteen, and I had been away from home for several months, living in tunnels and in the mountains of San Bernardino, California. But my time of running was coming to an end, I could feel it in the air, as weird as that might sound. Maybe it was just me being tired of being on the run; or maybe, I just wanted to go home and face the music. I had sent word to my mother that I was well, and had even called a few times; but the last time I was at home, things got way out of control between my stepdad and I; you could say that we had become enemies, if there was any way to describe our relationship. I had never known my real father up to that point, so my stepdad was all I had known a father to be; and he was not a very good example of a dad, beyond giving out punishment. As far as relating to David and his relationship with his own father, I don't think I can; I was the oldest, and he was the youngest; he was raised by his real father, I was raised by a stepfather. But as to our Heavenly Father, I think I can relate to how he looked up there at the stars knowing He was there...
""Look, I am coming soon, bringing my reward with me to repay all people according to their deeds. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End." Blessed are those who wash their robes. They will be permitted to enter through the gates of the city and eat the fruit from the tree of life. Outside the city are the dogs -the sorcerers, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idol worshipers, and all who love to live a lie."I, Jesus have sent my angel to give you this message for the churches. I am both the source of David and the heir to his throne. I am the bright morning star." The Spirit and the bride say, "Come." Let anyone who is thirsty come. Let anyone who desires drink freely from the water of life." (Revelation 22:12-17) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment